Hot rod Whizzer update

U

uncle_punk13

Hey all,
I've been busy as anything getting this bike ready for the journey to Indiana, i'm almost done and will be firing it up today!!!
Finally!!! I'll post pic.s and the tale of this build tonight in the travelling by motored bike forum...
She's pretty sweet; let's hope the test run and adjustments aren't too torturous for me...
LOL
I leave on July 3rd- next week, for the VMBC event in Portland Indiana- I hope to make good enough time to meet with old friends at their place in Illinois on the 7th. If this bike does 60-70 M.p.H. like we are expecting, then it'll be no problem rolling all day and half the night to get there.
Later kids! 8)

uncle_punk13 said:
If this bike does 60-70 M.p.H. like we are expecting, then it'll be no problem rolling all day and half the night to get there.
Later kids! 8)

Are you serious? :eek:

Oh yes, I am serious...
The update and spec.s have been posted in the Travel forum...
8)

Well, I've been tweaking, and tuning this old beast, last night my Hydraulic forks, and new fat pipe exhaust came, so we'll get to wrenching on this and also get that intake manifold fabricated and see what happens then...!!! I know just by adding a more rigid fork more of my torque will go to the rear wheel and not be lost in the looseness of the front spring fork. It may not be noticeable, but every little bit helps, and more importantly, it's gonna be a **** of a lot more stable in it's riding and especially in it's cornering...!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
you have my deepest sympathy

Wow, that is an ambitious trip.....especially the all day and half the night part. Went from Seattle to Milwaukee on my old Water Buffalo the yeat of the worlds Fair. Over stayed my departure a couple days. Bout killed me. Made it through Minneapolis and just had to stay in a motel for a day. And I was in my 30's :eek:

If you look at the thread in the travel forum, you'll see that it was a complete failure, unlike the trip in 2003 to New York, BUT that's for the other thread
I parked This bike in the shed for a few months, as I didn't even want to look at it upon my return, and have only recently brought it back out to do more work on it. I managed to squeeze 45 M.P.H. the other day on it, so i'm getting closer to my goal; but I will have to say that 55-60 is probably a more realistic goal... Though 60 would rock my world!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
lemme tell YOU something, rif...when you get 60 out of it, you'll never
feel it with the hydraulic front-end...dig the sig, my friend :)