HoughMade Cycle Works- mock up

Still needs a few details- I am fabricating a cover that will go over the tank and make it look more pre -WWI, and plates to blend the engine mounting plate so it does not look so flat- but she hit 40 mph Saturday- with a 56 tooth sprocket- I have a 48 tooth....so far I have no interest in installing it.

Attachments

• bike_cycle_5.JPG
    bike_cycle_5.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 1,311
  • bike_cycle_3.JPG
    bike_cycle_3.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 1,029
Last edited by a moderator:
sorry sorta OT: that's a statistic to ponder...i wonder how the utility-engine market's gonna handle the wave of sales?

That is a cool bike. I can't wait to get one of those engines. I considered getting the Honda engine now, and just wait till the good kits and better gear boxes come out.

Wow

Wow HoughMade, that is just what I'm trying to build only I have a schwinn cruiser without the springer forks. Are those forks the modern sort and are they trustworthy at high speed?
I love the look of them & the metallic red spring. I reckon the handlebar position would give me a bad back & neck but it looks like the bike out of The Worlds Fastest Indian. I'll mail you a picture of mine when it progresses a bit but yours has inspired me!
Thanks, John

The fork is brand new and I currently have it tightened in far enough that there is actually little travel. I have had it up to about 40 mph and it seems pretty stable. I am 6'3" and over 220 lbs. and the position is surprisingly comfy.

im sorry to say this the owner sent me one never worked right bent gear for the rim cheap and scrapes on the tank and needs lots of work to get it going right from what bryan symon the shadow of roland said and dax said to keep a distince from him i dont know whyZ?

but im back working on it so hope to change my thoughts of this engine but as of right know i would get the one from thats dax same price and it really works and the clone kit from american chain drive cheaper and more simplistic
and easy to instal and works great to

just keep a eye out fror what you get and i talked to mr dawn grubee him self and he said that this bondel that bird dog has is the bad set that he let them have for cheap since the factory messed up on the clutch set up

his words not mine

Forgive my lack of info on frame mounted 4 strokes, but is there one out there aside from a whizzer that is a not a spruced up lawnmower motor?

Back