HoughMade Oddities

Well, at long last, I think I have all the parts mocked up- hopefully some things you may not have seen before are incuded. Here are pics of a few details- all designed to create the impression of a motorcycle from the teens.

First, the non-functional leaf springs, front and rear- non-functional as springs at least. They are my fenders and due to their construction, are not susceptible to breaking like standard fenders are. Also, I fabbed a bracket for the tail light:

Attachments

• JLH pics 061.JPG
    JLH pics 061.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 1,199
  • JLH pics 059.JPG
    JLH pics 059.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,156
dude but wheres the paint :D lol i like the speedo light combo i was looking at the forks looks to me there would be someway to make it spring so you not done yet i know you can do it come on man i think if you move the wheel to the front bracket and cantilever it where the wheel is now ....would that work ?as the back no way ,,, ohhh have you come up with a paint colors yet for the bike

That bike is awesome! Had to take a double take at the engine, I thought it was a whizzer style at first! That speedo face is excellent I'm going to have to try that one, nice job........
Fastboy

Master- the leaf springs are for looks only, but the standard springer works fine. The leaves are not spring steel, just mild steel, so if I wanted to make them functional, I would have to have custom leaves made....expensive....possible, but expensive.

As for paint- I'm thinking of a light gray like I have seen on several 1900-1919 motorcycle, with white, black and red details. I have put a lot of time into it so far, so waiting to pick the color won't bother me. I rode quite a bit on Saturday as is- it sure gets the looks.

...and yes- I have the Honda engine and Grubee Skyhawk II gearbox. I am going to paint and otherwise "disguise" the engine to make it look older...just like everything else.

Master- the leaf springs are for looks only, but the standard springer works fine. The leaves are not spring steel, just mild steel, so if I wanted to make them functional, I would have to have custom leaves made....expensive....possible, but expensive.

As for paint- I'm thinking of a light gray like I have seen on several 1900-1919 motorcycle, with white, black and red details. I have put a lot of time into it so far, so waiting to pick the color won't bother me. I rode quite a bit on Saturday as is- it sure gets the looks.

...and yes- I have the Honda engine and Grubee Skyhawk II gearbox. I am going to paint and otherwise "disguise" the engine to make it look older...just like everything else.

well all right cool i still think you could do it but if yer happy iam happy ...as for gray there are more shades of that color then any other color .. iam looking forward to seeing it ,,, man i rode so much Sunday i posted some pics up in my album i even played in the sand i have a vid up this ride sunday was me and the bike ..not just me goin to work

mannnnn hough. seeing that bike makes me think. lake station pulled me over. not hobart. i might head over there sometime, on my bike, or meet ya somplace. we'll have to set a date......... soon ill pm ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said it before, but you are just full of good ideas. Most of which will get ripped off and used by members of this forum. Nice work, keep it up.

Back