HoughMade Oddities

Well, at long last, I think I have all the parts mocked up- hopefully some things you may not have seen before are incuded. Here are pics of a few details- all designed to create the impression of a motorcycle from the teens.

First, the non-functional leaf springs, front and rear- non-functional as springs at least. They are my fenders and due to their construction, are not susceptible to breaking like standard fenders are. Also, I fabbed a bracket for the tail light:

Attachments

• JLH pics 061.JPG
    JLH pics 061.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 1,197
  • JLH pics 059.JPG
    JLH pics 059.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,154
By the way, I have stainless band ties that will replace the plastic zip ties after I paint.

Many, if not most early motorcycles had "total loss" oiling systems that required the rider to pump a plunger every so often to keep the engine oiled. I liked the look, so I got a chrome compact frame pump and made a plunger knob to screw into the air hose to mimic the look, and connected it on the other end with copper tubing...which goes nowhere, but completes the look. In these pics, you can also see my copper tubing that keeps the reversed in/out cable for the Skyhawk II away from my leg. That mod is mentioned in this thread:

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=9187

The bracket holding the front of the pump is a 1" scope mount I got in the clearance aisle at Walmart- always check the clearance ailse.

Attachments

• JLH pics 065.JPG
    JLH pics 065.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 693
  • JLH pics 066.JPG
    JLH pics 066.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 643
Here is the headlight/speedometer with the "HoughMade Cycle Works" speedo face- scanned the original face, changed the markings, added my own logo, printed out and laminated.

Attachments

• JLH pics 063.JPG
    JLH pics 063.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 554
  • JLH pics 064.JPG
    JLH pics 064.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 587
Only thing to complete is the tool roll (for under the seat) and to blow the whole thing apart for paint...but I'm going to ride it rat rod style for a few weeks.

Those are the touches that will make every person stop dead in their tracks to have a look see.
BRAVO.
Very nice work.

Nice way to make the fenders look like a mechanical part of the bike. I Like It. And the headlight speedo is a very nice touch.

dude. that bike is awesome! that thing makes my bikes look like ****! i gotta see that in person sometime!

I'm sure you will- of course, she's no speed demon with all that extra metal....and me.

Awesome, absulutely awesome. That is something that I would like to build, but will never get to. Love the speedo face. :)

Denny

Back