HoughMade on Wired.com

I look at Wired.com every day and it blew me away to see this. Did they interview you in person or by email.

I look at Wired.com every day and it blew me away to see this. Did they interview you in person or by email.

By e-mail and other comments were taken from my postings about it in various places.

Having been mis-quoted and misrepresented in interviews regarding some cases I have handled, I have a bit of mistrust for journalists, but that article turned out very nice.

Wow congrat's! That made it worth all the hard/enjoyable work you have done on your build. I hope articles like this inspire more people to get MB's. Great job HoughMade!

Your article may have answered my question I posted earlier...is that a true GXH50 mated to a Grubee Skyhawk III? Thats exactly the set up I'm going for. What do you say the gear reduction is if that truly is a Grubee III.

Great to see your getting some attention for your bike, and it's great for the sport. I would love to have the time to research some old footage of those old bike races on motordomes. I think that's where I would have been hanging out if I was raised in those days! Great Job!!!

Bret

Your article may have answered my question I posted earlier...is that a true GXH50 mated to a Grubee Skyhawk III? Thats exactly the set up I'm going for. What do you say the gear reduction is if that truly is a Grubee III.
Bret

Yes, mine uses a Honda engine I got from Small engine Warehouse. My gearbox is a Stage II, but the internals are the same as a Stage III- the Stage III appears to have been modified to be easier to run wet...which I don't think I would do anyway- but it's still the best gearbox for this application that I know of.

I believe that the reduction is 3.7:1 (I counted teeth at one time).

WOW - that is fairly awesome. You are truly a scholar and a gentleman.

Nice article, great bike. Sweet.

Back