Hour meter Tachometer Rpm reading Froze

It works fine since i reset it just need to find a way to connect the + connector back together i had to bend it up to brake the connection here is the mess of the inside of the tach

It works fine since i reset it just need to find a way to connect the + connector back together i had to bend it up to brake the connection here is the mess of the inside of the tach
View attachment 86485
Try to bend it back, (or just scwish it, that's what I would do lol) glad that it works! You just saved your self 8$

i just fixed it i soldered a small wire to the battery and to the connection on the board and hot glued over it, hopefully it holds up, i know your not to solder on a battery but i didn't have a choice

Last edited:
pfft
i just fixed it i soldered a small wire to the battery and to the connection on the board and hot glued over it, hopefully it holds up, i know your not to solder on a battery but i didn't have a choice
pfft. theyre solderable. the trick is the biggest iron you can find so you only heat them briefly ;)

fixed... not bad. chinetronics is usually scrap if its acting up...

Don't be shocked when it randomly dies again for no reason. I've had one of those (different name but there are like 20 factories making them) since the beginning of April and it's been nothing but a headache. It reads RPMs ok, the 1000ms delay between updates is terrible and it counts hours alright. Except for when it doesn't. Mine loves pulling this trick where the screen will slowly fade out to blank, then I gotta press the 2 buttons at the same time to reboot it. Once it cycles through it's little bootup sequence, my hours are now at 0 again. The longest it made it without failure was 11.6 hours of use.

I don't like how it goes off after like 30sec. there's options tho but not simple bcs nothing is plug n play. little bit advanced to rig a hall sensor and it needs a voltage source like 12v

I don't like how it goes off after like 30sec. there's options tho but not simple bcs nothing is plug n play. little bit advanced to rig a hall sensor and it needs a voltage source like 12v
Which unit do you have? They should never turn off, ever, unless the battery is dead (the one in the OP). Unless you mean after 30 seconds it starts reading hours instead of RPM, which would indicate a bad induction wire connection.

The one I'm talking about (the one in the OP) can be found here:

I have the upgraded version which should have a replaceable battery, not that I've used it for 30k hours yet...

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have this one. it keeps the hours ran, but the rpm wont stay on after about 2 blocks. I have to press a button again. used it only like 4 or 5 times n gave up on it. plus the reading is +/- 500, not steady at all
untitled.jpg

I was thinking abt the lit $20 ones, but then for a little more it'd be more worth it to do up a 12v hall sensor tach since these cheapies all have the same guts in em

Must be the individual units. I have the same one. 20+ hours on it and hasn't skipped a beat. Mine works great. Pretty sure I paid less then $10.00

Back