How About a MotoredBiking-Vacation?

augidog

Local time
5:30 AM
i'm tickled pink to announce that we've attained owner-approval to go forward with this project.

i'm moving at the end of february, just up the road a bit, gonna share this place with Kevin. you'll meet him after i get him online. the place is owned by his family, and we've gotten their blessings to see if we can pull this off.

3/4 acres on a secluded cul-de-sac, fenced, huge 2-car garage, separate workshop/office, big rear deck, rv/auto-awning...that's what it is, but here's what we see...room for over 20 tent/mb sites, full bath & kitchen access, bbq-deck, huge clubhouse/workshop, awning for swap-meets & sales...

the possibilities...an MB-Hostel in true fashion, low rates & rally-discounts, and barter for the road-weary...year-round, there's lots of events on the peninsula, so an MB-Vacation is now completely doable...if we do this right, the place could really thrive...wind and solar power, gardening, whatever we wanna tinker with...

the dream includes a comprehensive selection of mb-ing kits & parts and complete bikes...buy one, rent one, build one or upgrade yours, do it yerself in the shop...plan ahead and we'll have what ya need ready & waiting.

yup, MB-Business will be a part of this, but so will MB-Charity...public events, donated time, helping kids get pedals under-'em...ya GOTTA keep on the good side of karma.

and trust this...no engine-politics...ALL things MB, and ALL riders will be welcome...the only real-rule will be "lights & helmets in ocean park."

more later...we're gonna have to think up a cool name :cool:

Attachments

• MVC-491F.JPG
    MVC-491F.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 382
  • MVC-490F.JPG
    MVC-490F.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 346
  • MVC-492F.JPG
    MVC-492F.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 349
  • MVC-493F.JPG
    MVC-493F.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 345
  • MVC-494F.JPG
    MVC-494F.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 331
  • MVC-495F.JPG
    MVC-495F.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
How sweet is that? Way to go Augi! I knew someone was smiling at you.

All I can say is WOW and I can't wait to see it in person. Good to know that good people do get good breaks sometimes. I already have a spot picked out for my tent.

lol....me too...:giggle: Is it time for the Second annual rally yet. The whizzer is almost ready to go. I've been detailing it a bit and made a few improvements.

I sure do hope it pans out for you.

I'd suggest one other rule: the bike must have pedals, too.

but maybe that's not necessary. The motorcyclists already have their own scene and might not be interested.

I really, really like this idea! I can see a great deal of utility in it for the motored biking community, as well as bicyclers in general if you open it to that crowd.

Not to rain on your parade, augi - I wish you every success - but please, to avoid future issues of liability and also possible complaints from any neighboring persons, make sure you investigate what legal requirements there are in your jurisdiction for insurance and such on a hostel. Get any required permits, get a lease agreement for the property specifying the intended use and indemnifying the owner against liability, and it might be a really good idea to have in place a simple form that every user must sign (and you keep on file) holding you and the property owner non-liable for any mishaps or misadventures.

Unfortunately, people will sue you for almost anything.

Augi
That's an awsome idea. I am hoping soon as I get my bike built on doing a cross country trip be very cool to meet some like minded peopl along the way. Best of luck with it hope it works out ell for ya. Looks like a real nice place
Jim

it's a really nice place, alright...gonna be cool to live there no matter what happens...

simon: i shoulda said..."borrow" one (wink-wink) :whistle:

we'll just be a private entity for a while...we do have local business (and grant-writing) talent if/when the need for official hostel status arises. sure, we're open to bicyclists & packers...maybe even have the side-yard (last pic) setup for them. the main yard, we want that to have sites setup for tent and bike-parking.

some good financial fate, & the timing couldn't have been better. i'm tellin' ya guys, things "just happen" up here. looks like the new shop's off to a great start...our first "major" score: http://www.cpocampbellhausfeld.com/welding_equipment/wg2060.html

that old worksman trike frame's never gonna know what hit it :cool:

Last edited:
after much reflection, daydreamin', speculatin'...

anyone knows me, including myself, knows that i'll prolly be able to make a go of this, and i'll prolly screw it up right after things heat up...i can facilitate, i can plan, i can even do stuff...but i can hardly hold it together...

in the last couple years, i've heard a few mentions of "man, i'd love to retire there." well, for the right person, it could be easier than you think. live here & pitch in. the private living in the house is comfy, amenities & household expenses affordable...the center's future and potential depends on happy and healthy residents.

an endeavor like this needs a "manager"...not right now, maybe not real soon, but definitely before things grow beyond my limited diplomatic abilities. i can run an active, creative, and innovative shop on excitement & adrenaline alone, i plan to make the "office" into a tiny apartment, the perfect life for me...

but, a good social center (& business) needs someone who can handle people. and that's not me.

i can think of a few guys who'd be great at this...be nice if one of them wants to give it a shot.

Last edited:
Back