How about twin engines?

Tuning the 80cc

Hello Guys:
I recently started with the motorized bicycle, a good friend Gigo happend to be the distribuidor for the engines in Peru, My first bike was stolden a week right after a build it, and then got me a 80cc when he go to the plant on China and got me a tuned pipe, but the hard part was breaking in the engine, the vibration was unreal but after a few weeks i added the tuned pipe and the bike was register going 60k with a 44t, I am ordering a 34T from Andy and there are working on my new gas tank from the 40s or 50s and it fits very well on the bike but is getting restore etc...
If anyone knows any tricks, I was thinking of getting the engine balance and playing with the ports by a profesional 2 stroke mechanics.

Any ideas will be great.

Cheers

Mike from Lima Peru:eek:

Any ideas will be great.

Cheers

Mike from Lima Peru:eek:

you should
1/ introduce yourself, and maybe make some new friends
2/ ask questions in a new thread (or an existing thread that deals with your questions), instead of jumping into an existing thread that is dealing with other issues

:cool:my twin engine project is progressing smoothly. i bought two OCC mini-chopper motor mounts on ebay, which bolted neatly under the chinese engines. for less clearance problems,i sawed off the part of the mount that was supposed to bolt onto the bottom tube.
the next step is for my twins and a 3-sprocket jackshaft to bolt onto an 8.5" square plate. motor mounts and shaft will be adjustable. the plate will then bolt onto a 5" wide steel plate which will be welded onto the bike's down and bottom tubes.
i'm using 1/4" plywood as temporary motor mount plates. they're easier to work with than aluminum and steel when aligning the engines, sprockets and shaft onto the bike's frame. when the specs are accurate enough, the twins and the shaft will be transferred onto steel plate and bolted or welded into place.

Myron

Myron, can you take any developing pics so we can see what exactly you are talking about?
A laymans Picture!
Thanks

:cool:i was afraid you'd ask that. computer illiterate:eek:
i'll ask my daughter to take some pics when she gets home.

Myron

Back