How about using a coaster brake hub for a jackshaft/roller??

professor

Local time
2:53 AM
I have a real nice but old Toro (made in Japan) wacker, doesn't have the 76mm clutch. Wacker does have pull start opposite side.
Could make a stub off the flywheel for a v belt to drive the coaster hub (w/ another pulley welded to the drive sprocket). This way, the hub bearings would carry the load + it would coast when you let off + the hub size is generous for a better grip.
I would make the roller pivot on a holder like a swing arm with a idler pulley for a clutch.
How does this sound?

Well, Kim we are totally into winter here (one and a half months down & 3 and a half to go).
The blizzard Thursday left us with some snow still on the side roads and it was 38 degrees today, so I went for a pedal ride. Am finishing up the gas/alternator powered E-bike. I want my garage to keep the car in NOW - the next bike project waits for April.
But I AM thinking about it. Ultimately, I would like 3 motored bikes- the E-bike and 2 covert bikes (a roller drive and a HT). Like tractors- you can't have just one!

A luxury I have is a semi- heated garage to keep both cars inside during the worst weather.
I thought about using a 3 speed hub, but the rpm would be way out of range of design. It might work, but those little gears will be flying, don't remember if there is a little oil cap on the diameter also.

By the way- your craftsmanship is outstanding!

Back