How are the motorized bicycle laws in the city really

Gavin67

Local time
4:01 AM
I live in the suburbs/rural areas. There is no such thing as bicycle lanes here, I ride my motorized bike on both the road and sidewalk and the cops here don't really care as long as you follow the rules of the road and not ride like a maniac (do stupid stuff). Not to mention I see ATV's and sometimes dirt bikes sharing the road, but it isn't too often.

Would that be very different when it comes to most cities, including Chicago?

Last edited:
Yes almost definitely. I rode atvs and dirt bikes, and snowmobiles on town and state roads in extremely rural North Dakota until I was 18 with no problems, people doing that around here in a city get pulled over (or attempted) and this includes some motorized bike riders.

Chicago is probably even worse than here since the police deal with way more s**t and likely have way less patience.

I lived in Evanston (suburb of Chicago) for 5 years and downtown Chicago for 5-6 years, and not once have I seen a motorized bike. It might be due to the hipster and elitism culture there or laws... Also, from my recollection in visiting other Chicago neighborhoods I don't think I've seen motorized bikes there either... its a shame

I live in the suburbs/rural areas. There is no such thing as bicycle lanes here, I ride my motorized bike on both the road and sidewalk and the cops here don't really care as long as you follow the rules of the road and not ride like a maniac (do stupid stuff). Not to mention I see ATV's and sometimes dirt bikes sharing the road, but it isn't too often.

Would that be very different when it comes to most cities, including Chicago?

Just purchase the Motion to Strike/Dismiss Complaint from Marc Stevens.
www.marcstevens.net Peruse the site to get an idea of what is going on.

EDIT: Yes Frank, I am promoting him.

Back