How Come No Jet Bikes?

Randall

Local time
2:22 PM
I would think this would be a fun area to explore or talk about:

Too fast, too dangerous, liable to get someone killed, have to spend every thirty days in court?
Sounds like fun, except the killed part ........ LOL

:D

..... and of course Colin Furze is always fun to watch :) His Hover bike is cool. IDK, something to talk about anyway.

Last edited:
That littel jet is $2000 and it's fuel tank is good for 30min .its an out there thing to do so I like it but . For the law . How much cc is it and how much watts is it puting out .with speeds of 100 kmh + the cops won't like it to loud and you burn people behind you lol

That littel jet is $2000 and it's fuel tank is good for 30min .its an out there thing to do so I like it but . For the law . How much cc is it and how much watts is it puting out .with speeds of 100 kmh + the cops won't like it to loud and you burn people behind you lol

Right! :) Just something to talk about. Yes, I'm bored on this school snow day lol.

hmm if we use two more aluminum frames with something stretched over for wings, maybe we could have flying bikes?

Y not a car with wings takes off at 80kmh and a guy made a hovercraft with wings you can buy

Take off and landing on wheels may take the vehicle into a classification that is highly regulated, and much of the vehicle design and operation out of the control of the builder. Perhaps more than if it is (at least officially) foot launched. in the UK there is very little regulation on the use of the foot launched "hang motor" but some on the use of the "microlight" which has wheels. You can take off and land legally virtually anywhere on a hang motor.
Italian made engines, different league to the Happy Girl.. about £4000 and 15hp if memory serves.. I don't think you can get it to power the bike and the aircraft without at least remounting..
And the smallest folding hang glider will fold to 2 metres packed length if you undo every nut and bolt on it so the frame can possibly be carried lengthways on the bike with the wing fabric folded over the rear wheel. i can't remember the price of them. Hm, I think it was a basic one and actually not a bad way to begin exploring the possibilities because it can be used without the bike or the motor.
Still, to then actually carry the weight of the bike into the air too, you would want the strongest motor and glider you can get. Do they make a twin/tandem motor and can you make your own small pack size tandem glider because they definitely don't make those. I expect that would double the price.
You'll also need the lightest bike it's possible to build.. so that's another £10,000 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have allways liked I idea of a push bike that you can ride on warter .some floating device you can drop down .and padels in the spokes .

Back