How did you get here?

professor

Local time
4:16 AM
Did you have a motoredbike first? Or see one first, then found this place?
How did you find this site? Web search or word of mouth?

For me it was number 2, my son had the coolest cruiser bike with a self -contained engine/clutch deal that fit perfectly in the frame.
Had no clue what an HT was. Never saw one before. Had to find out more about them- ended up here from a web search.

I was on Smokstak, an antique tractor and engine site, and one of the members had installed a HT on an old Schwinn. I was inspired. I started researching and that led me here. After planning everything out (which took months) I started building and had a rideable creation by October 2007....then completely disassembled the beast and have been building, redoing and building ever since. As you can see, I became a member here in August 2007 which was the same month I ordered my engine and mounting kit.

I had built and ridden all types of bicycles: mountain bikes, road bikes, cruisers, klunkers, fixies, etc. A motorized bike seemed like the next step.

Thanks for the link Dave.
I was on a tractor site when it started up (Mytractorforum.com) and the answers to that question were very interesting-
same here.

I'd already chosen electric over petrol, bought my electric from ZBike, then while on that site saw a link to ZBox for 48cc and 66cc HT kits.
As an ex-motorbike rider, couldn't help myself.
These little HTs are fun.

... Steve

My 33 year old son hadn't a drivers license for the past 15 years. Under some circumstances he moved in with my wife and I March of last year. Michael rode a bike to work at all hours of the day, and had asked me about building something electric to get back and forth from work. Electric was out of his price range. I remember when in Viet Nam, if there was one Cyclo Mi they had a million in Saigon. They were a bicycle with a 2 cycle engine mounted on the front wheel. I was doing a search and found this site. Saw the China 2 cycle and started asking the State/County/, and the city about the legality about riding one on the road. Alabama has to be the or one of the most lax state on power assisted bicycles...here I am working on my 6th build later.
When viewing, the traffic you see is what I drove in. This is a pretty current clip so today the riders ride mostly scooters. Back in 1967, more Cyclo Mi's were on the road due to the cost.

http://www.lepak.tv/index.php?page=videos&section=view&vid_id=101027

Last edited:
LOL, maybe the mods are being nice??? I swear I threw a comment in regard to the question of the thread BUT??? LOL! Thanks if you were being nice!

A good friend gave me my Hawthorne with HT engine, not running. After about 2 hours of tinkering it runs fine now. A few months later a kid working in the unit next door brought one in for us to get running. I decided to do a search online to help him help himself, so as to recommend a site to him, because I know that they need constant up-keep. I found this site, recommended it to the kid, and joined this site myself.

Back