How difficult are motorized bikes to build?

You will also need to decide between a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke engine. There are pros and cons to both types like cost, size, fuel type and a few more. Ask here and you will hear them all. Before you purchase a kit you would be wise to let us know what you're thinking. A lot of us have had bad experiences with a some sellers and can steer you clear of making bad choices like we did.
I have already decided on a 2-stroke 80cc. And of course I will ask your guys opinions before I buy a kit.

There's some really smart people on here that will coach you all the way.......
Good luck with your first bike build. (y)(y)

would you recommend me to get a used bike, or a new one?
Used is ok but condition is everything. You don't want to spend more money replacing worn out parts than you would've done by buying a new bike.

If you have several old bikes you may be able to Frankenstein one good one out of them.

Hello there!

I'm sorry if this noob post might annoy you a little bit. I'm really looking to get into this hobby as it looks like a lot of fun to me.

My question is : How difficult are these things to build?

I'm a 15 year old who doesn't have any mechanical experience at all. But I want to learn. Would a motorized bike be a good project to start with? Thanks.
get a huffy cranbrook, some brakes for it, a n any branded engine kit you want. i say branded to start, then when you know what things do and look like when proper, you buy a cheaper engine and go to town on it modding. the cranny and an engine kit will set ya back $300. another $100 for the brakes. But boy are they comfy on road. Or a cheap mountain bike will do, if the engine will fit. Not as comfy, but way more fun off road. A set of files is good for a newb. so you can get the port burrs without worry of taking off to much. After you play with that for a while, you'll have an idea of what you wanna create. I warn you, this hobby consume souls. You will end up being an old haggardly person spending all you money on motorized bikes. You've been warned. You won't even have enough left for drugs!!!!

Back