How do I balance a crank shaft for my yd100

Andrew1234

Local time
5:10 AM
The vibrations on my yd100 are really bad at 7k rpm and it won’t let me go any higher in rpm and I was wondering if you guys could help me step by step on how to balance it with just a drill.

I'm following along on this one. I'm considering a balance job on my 79cc Predator. I remember seeing a U-tube video in the past.

I'm following along on this one. I'm considering a balance job on my 79cc Predator. I remember seeing a U-tube video in the past.
I suggest waiting until you upgrade any internal components (if you do) in your engine before you balance it

P.s I might have to call you back tomorrow. I'm a tad busy tonight

I suggest waiting until you upgrade any internal components (if you do) in your engine before you balance it

P.s I might have to call you back tomorrow. I'm a tad busy tonight
You are absolutely right. Just gathering information now. I got the bike back together except for the chain. I won't be home during the day Wednesday. Call me after 7:00pm

Removing material from the crank Andrew is easy, but adding some during a dynamic balance is another issue. Or is a static balance good enough? I'll try to find that video I mentioned.

OK that's the video I was remembering. There's no reason a hand drill will not work. The end result is to remove some metal. You could even use a grinder.................................but, what if you remove too much? Then you'll have to weld some back on. This fellow is doing a static balance which is better than nothing.

Back