How do i check for leaks if i cant idle

I've never seen a 'performance' carb do any better than an NT unless the motor/exhaust were heavily modified - I'm not a builder, just a repair shop and over last 8 years or so, have worked on maybe 1000 of these.

My first motor bicycle but what I have been doing for 40 plus years is build things like below not only building and all machine work. I find the SHA to idle better then the NT for one thing. Run what makes you happy I do.

Attachments

• Out Law Biker March 1993.jpg
    Out Law Biker March 1993.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 169
The platform you started with and the engine was a good engine but i wouldn't trust the way you put all the clutch and throttle since it is backwards :/ all the other gearedbikes I used I just took the derailleur off and used it like a single speed (old school...) it creates a cleaner look and less wires and then you don't have to worry about shifting plus also you can put all the throttle and clutch were it's supposed to be... And going 30mph on a bicycle it's best to go with what's the safest way possible... I've went 45 on a MB and it's about as scary as a 200lb fighting pit bull running after you lol so just be careful and don't do more than you think you can :)
my top speed is 44.9 mph on my other build

Wait, your other build can go 45 mph and you don't know how to idle... I am assuming this is on a flat surface and not down a hill of any kind.
roanoke va is very hilly there aren't many flat areas. I could get it to go 35 tops but that bike has an 32 spoke gear on a 36 spoke wheel and the speed and force broke my wheel. I wont make my first mistakes again.

So in short, my top speed was probably around 29-33 but on a 35 degree hill my speedometer recorded a top speed of 44.9.

yeah top speed runs on hills don't count. a long and steep enough hill can get you to a hundred

trying to fx my brakes while waiting. I bought v brakes as someone on here suggested but there is no way to mount them. http://forums.mtbr.com/brake-time/convert-u-brake-v-brake-271583.html but i do have an idea. use a hose clamp around the frame and something like this on each. If you decide this is a good idea, and want to make it do not sell it for any sum of money as i have copyright privileges under ussrp corp.

Attachments

• hose clamp v brake mount general idea..png
    hose clamp v brake mount general idea..png
    8.2 KB · Views: 182
You need a mig welder. If you have a mig, a torch, metal chop saw and a grinder you can make just about anything.

P.S. Hose clamp mounting brakes should come with the caption "Hey ya'll watch this".

Last edited:
You need a mig welder. If you have a mig, a torch, metal chop saw and a grinder you can make just about anything.

P.S. Hose clamp mounting brakes should come with the caption "Hey ya'll watch this".

in reply to
""Hey ya'll watch this""
Why? is this a meme i don't know about?

Back