How do i mod this type of pipe baffle?.

If i cut it down a little more will it go faster?. I got it cut down to about 2 inch's right now.

Mark, If you look down on this page you will see an old post from "willstart"-go there and find the post from"fetor56"-there is a graet link there to "thatsdax" with a great page with pics of what you are doing.

Ok cut it down to 1 and a half inch's. Is that good or should i cut it down a little more?.

I've done the same thing except I cut the whole baffle out! the power gains are pretty decent especially in low end, noise increases alot as well.

However not sure if this was a one off but the silencer exploded! the gasses built up in the can and couldnt get out faster than they were going in. This added to the poor quality welds caused the silencer to explode, I would still recomend modifying the baffle, but this time leave a little bit of in there!

what i did today was removing totally the baffle. would cutting the pipe around 1 inch would be better than removing the whole baffle?? 10x

I removed the whole thing as well, I think leaving a little bit would have been better though, just giving it a bit of backpressure.

How much lenght would you think would be enough ? 1/2 of it or just around an inch or an inch and a half? I am really looking forward for this. still under the shock as the first time i tried it without a baffle i just popped a wheelie :D

Back