how do I pack my muffler?

B

Bigfoot

Tried to find a thread that described it.No luck-if their is one direct me to it.

I took the end off my muffler, & their's still some stuff inside the muffler-a pipe w/holes drilled into it, & what looks like two larger round things that the cap end & attached pipe fit into.

I have some muffler packing, but have no effing clue what to do.I've searched the forums for an hour-I can't find anything that describes it in detail.I know it's easy-once you already know how to do it...

Am I supposed to take out the remaining things inside the muffler-it looks like it's all held in by rust.:???::confused:

I would drill a few more holes in the baffle (thin pipe going through it) then wrap this baffle in fibreglass packing, This should make the bike a little bit quiter.

well, i cant get my durn baffle out, it has screws, but the end it like a square peg in a round hole, its too big and i cant get it out, but with my motorcycle exhaust (barry's)we rolled the fiberglass sheet in a tube shape (this is important for proper flow.) cause you dont want to apply too much back pressure, making your bike lose speed, but you want to loosley wrap the fiber glass around the baffle tube. you might want to drill some holes in the tube. your preferance. but, after every 200 miles or so AT THE MAX change out the fiberglass. do this because as you ride, your packing gets clogged up with oil and unburnt fuel, and other misilainous brownish ooze i havent quite figured out yet. hence the rust... in the end, your bike should be quieter, but if you progressivly lose speed, and it gets quieter over time, that is a result of the fiberglass cloggingg up, and that needs to be changed. good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive just wrapped some steel wool around my baffle, and it has made such a difference in exhaust noise! the neighbours will be happy! One thing I noticed though is that the mechanical inside of the engine actually makes a **** of a lot of noise, the exhaust sound covers it up at close proximity but further away when you cant hear the exhaust the rattle of whirring of the engine is very noticeable.

Tried to find a thread that described it.No luck-if their is one direct me to it.

I took the end off my muffler, & their's still some stuff inside the muffler-a pipe w/holes drilled into it, & what looks like two larger round things that the cap end & attached pipe fit into.

I have some muffler packing, but have no effing clue what to do.I've searched the forums for an hour-I can't find anything that describes it in detail.I know it's easy-once you already know how to do it...

Am I supposed to take out the remaining things inside the muffler-it looks like it's all held in by rust.:???::confused:
Thing you do is throw that effing thing in the vise and cut off that muffler where the pipe meets it then take a bushing or something that fits in the pipe that restricts it you're looking for a hole that s about 3/8 no 5/16 then get you another piece of pipe that will fit on what you've you created now the pipe you added should be about as long as the muffler you cut off yeah you need to find a pipe that's flared or fits around the just pipe and widens out at least 1-in inside diameter okay wait there's a little more it's your call you can use a little Brillo that will definitely sound you could use strip that you can cram in there that is holy you can use screen hell you can use a rock I've used the rock rocks work great only if you can get them to stay they usually get blown out but when you find the right pressure where your bike sounds like it's always climbing then you got it believe me you'll no

you can use a rock I've used the rock rocks work great only if you can get them to stay they usually get blown out but when you find the right pressure where your bike sounds like it's always climbing then you got it believe me you'll no
2008 :ROFLMAO:
You should use muffler bearings instead of rocks (y)

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thing you do is throw that effing thing in the vise and cut off that muffler where the pipe meets it then take a bushing or something that fits in the pipe that restricts it you're looking for a hole that s about 3/8 no 5/16 then get you another piece of pipe that will fit on what you've you created now the pipe you added should be about as long as the muffler you cut off yeah you need to find a pipe that's flared or fits around the just pipe and widens out at least 1-in inside diameter okay wait there's a little more it's your call you can use a little Brillo that will definitely sound you could use strip that you can cram in there that is holy you can use screen hell you can use a rock I've used the rock rocks work great only if you can get them to stay they usually get blown out but when you find the right pressure where your bike sounds like it's always climbing then you got it believe me you'll no
A 12 year old thread, Dude.
Question; Do you ever use periods and other punctuation marks?

Back