How do I pull start the engine

Sergey Timoshenko

Local time
6:54 PM
I got a pull starter from gasbike, and I installed it...... now the only problem I have is I don’t know how to start it up, does anyone have directions on how to pull start an 80cc engine

set choke, pull clutch lock it in, yank on the rope a few times and left hand blip throttle? if you have centrifugal clutch too it's easier to start.

but you didn't have any trouble bump starting before installing the pull-start? watch out the rope is cheap on those

The clutch needs to be disengaged by pulling in the clutch handle. You should be able to pull start it then. Don't rip on it, pull it out to where it engages then give it a steady pull. Ripping on it will break it...…...…..clutch has a lock pin I see.

I'm a fan of pull starts. I've always used one. Been through about 5 of em total. I think I had an old post about modifying one. On some the bolts on the part that mounts where your magnet would be are to long. The heads rub against the inside of the metal piece that the rope coils around inside the case. I pulled the case of one day and saw that it was full of metal filings from the parts rubbing together as it spins. What i did was use a grinder and a sanding disc to remove almost the whole top of the two bolt heads that were causing the issue.

When the rope breaks these things are a mf to rebuild.. At least for me lol. I end up buying about one per year and I always reuse my modified part that attaches to the magneto.

If you're interested in what I'm talking about search my old thread - pull start design flaw and fix - I have pictures to show what I'm talking about.

By the way if you have the pull start that has plastic for the rope wheel instead of the metal version.. You shouldn't have this problem. I have noticed though that the ones with plastic like to slip a lot when pulling.

If you're interested in what I'm talking about search my old thread - pull start design flaw and fix - I have pictures to show what I'm talking about.

By the way if you have the pull start that has plastic for the rope wheel instead of the metal version.. You shouldn't have this problem. I have noticed though that the ones with plastic like to slip a lot when pulling.

(y)

Back