How do I put my bike in idle for like stop lights and signs?

J

jacob Berger

How do I put my bike in idle? Right now if I stop completely the engine just shuts off. In order to start my bike I peddle up to a speed holding the clutch in, the use the throttle then release the clutch. How do I stop the bike but have it stay in idle so I can just use the throttle and start moving again?

Thanks

Well it sounds like your carburetor requires some adjusting, start with turning the idle up with the idle screw, if that doesnt help you may need to adjust what position the needle is in on the slide on the top of the carb, i believe there are 4 different positions. If all else fails you may find it worthwhile to pull the bowl off the carb and make sure the float is working normally.

Well it sounds like your carburetor requires some adjusting, start with turning the idle up with the idle screw, if that doesnt help you may need to adjust what position the needle is in on the slide on the top of the carb, i believe there are 4 different positions. If all else fails you may find it worthwhile to pull the bowl off the carb and make sure the float is working normally.
I am having the same issue, I will try this. My rear wheel is also making a god awful noise that sounds like "RRRRRRRRR" not sure what it could be, it gets louder the faster I go.

How do I put my bike in idle? Right now if I stop completely the engine just shuts off. In order to start my bike I peddle up to a speed holding the clutch in, the use the throttle then release the clutch. How do I stop the bike but have it stay in idle so I can just use the throttle and start moving again?

Thanks
Are you pulling the clutch lever in when you stop?

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. Do I pull the clutch in when I release the throttle?
pull in the clutch as you're coming off the throttle and for the whole time you don't want to accelerate keep it pulled in. engine braking starves it of oil and there's no neutral gear so you have to hold the clutch while stopped to avoid stalling. if that doesn't solve your issue either your clutch adjustment or your idle adjustment is wrong.

I agree with Butre about starving the engine of oil during engine braking if it is a two stroke. It's my opinion though that if it's a 4-stroke, it's actually good for it, because the vacuum created with closed throttle tends to suck a bit of extra crankcase oil up onto the cylinder walls etc. with no gasoline to wash it down.

Back