how do i start it?

A

AdamLink

ive put the bike together and now im kinda nervous. i havent put the gas in the tank yet. once i do, how do i start the thing?

wow!

really, is that all it takes? start pedaling and pump the clutch? i thought i read somewhere that i have to hold the clutch when i start pedaling and let go when im ready to start the engine.

another question. when im pedaling will i be able to feel a difference between having the clutch engaged or not? i ask that question only because when i try to move the bike, its difficult to even push. does that mean something is wrong. should it be able to roll easily like a regular bike?

so should i not be concerned about how it kinda jerks when i move it? either with the clutch in or out.

It should roll smooth when the clutch is pulled in. (disengaged)

If this is not the case on your bike, you most likely need to
adjust your clutch cable tension. On mine, when I take off the
little clutch wire nut dealybob, it usually takes me a couple
tries to get it back in the sweet spot.

should it significantly smooth out or just a little? and what happens if it doesnt? what then?

crap

ok so there is no difference in the rolling engaged or not. i shortened the length of the cable and nothing changed.

engaged
1735_DSCF0440_1.jpg

unengaged
1735_DSCF0439_1.jpg

im going to have to open up the engine arent i?

your cable looks too long still
it takes a good amount of force to move it the first few times
try pushing the clutch arm with your hand ...it will probably take both hands to push it
the cable should be tight and have no play when clutch is out
the arm only moves approx 1/4 inch
there are adjusters on engine where cable goes under carb and at clutch lever
keep trying you'll get it

Back