How do you disassemble clutch and gears of 80 cc Chinese Kit

K

kamikazi_kostka

I need help.

Diagrams, Pictures, Parts List, Ect. It is the only way for me to remove my ball bearing, right now, my ball bearing is lodged somewhere in the clutch. I need help repairing it...mechanic needs diagrams.

Thanks,
Chris

The exploded view you were given in another thread are about all you should need, it shows the whole thing apart....if you take yours apart and it matches the ORDER and number of items removed, you should be able to tell it all the parts are there.

good luck yo ya, your gonna need it, just my opinion buy a new motor. even if you find out whats wrong good luck trying to find the part. l just ripped apart my engine cause the clutch would not engage. l couldn't even get to the part to see why it wasn't engaging. someone took my sproket off my motor and didn't take the push pin and ball bearing out before doing so. so what happened is the clutch gets stuck and doesn't push back. so in turn buy a new engine, thats what im doin.......better to have new the throw money into something old.

Not very cost effective, buying a new engine when the one he has is pretty new. What's with the parts availability? I though you could get parts for these things?

it is very hard to find any info about these engines
the exploded views from grubee are all I have been able to find
vendors want to sell another engine over giving out better info is my guess
and yes...it was me that broke the other one :(
but I will never pull another sprocket without removing the clutch pin again !!!

You guys don't understand, I have less than 50 miles on this damn engine. I know the ball bearing is jammed, I can partially feel it with a screwdriver, but I can't get the gears off to get it out. It looks as though you need a screwdriver with a 1 inch wide blade to get it out. I need to know how to remove the gear so far I have the clutch cover, pushrod, and sprocket off from the other side. I have the clutch lever (the one on the engine) fully removed, and I have my carb off to make it easier to move. I need to know how to take off the gears on it (the one with like 80 teeth)...the ball bearing is lodged behind it somehow. I refuse to buy another engine for like $150 just to fix this, total bs, and I shouldn't have to replace it. Clutch is problem, engine is fine.

Please, if anyone can tell me how you unscrew the gears to get them to come off, I would be most appreciative.

Ya I called him today..he said he will try to find the diagrams and email them to me...he said he has never had a clutch go bad before.

dude, I do understand, the engine I f-ed up had approx same mileage
I got as far into it as you, but if you can figure it out, my props to you
I spoke to 2 diff sellers and you have as much info as I was ever able to find.
Both told me was lost cause. So yes, I do know where you're coming from

What did you end up doing? Just spending another $150 on an engine. I am out of warranty now..I ordered the kit in June..the thing is...I just basically completed it now. I am just screwed over if I need a new engine. I have 137 hours on this kit..and it sucks...but I will not put in more money...I have had to switch frames twice, and everything, and I am pissed off. I did this to have a moped, but all it has been is unreliable. It is time for me to start saving for a nice used Tomos or Puch, cause I am sick of this unreliable crap.

Back