How do you disassemble clutch and gears of 80 cc Chinese Kit

I called the company...they are trying to find a diagram..they said they will send it once they find it...but no luck yet...and it has been 4 days...

So that is not looking good, no one has any idea about how to take the clutch fully apart, so basically I am screwed.

-Chris

well, you're definitely breaking new ground here, i'm sure it's driving you nuts waiting, too :censored:

i hope it all works out for you :)

What happened to the diagram someone posted on the forums here not too long ago?

Why can't you use that one?

what I don't understand is.......you were able to pedal the bike with the clutch lever pulled in, but it stopped you when you released the lever.
that tells me your clutch was working properly. that leads me to believe your piston is stuck. since it wouldn't turn over, even with the sparkplug out.

kamikazi_kostka quoted

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:08 pm

"Ok...I just tried riding.

1) With spark plug in...rode it with gasline on until 10 mph..then released clutch...rear tire and motor chain locks and skids to stop

2) Took spark plug out...rode it with gasline until 10 mph...released clutch...rear tire and motor chain lockd and skidded to stop "

Bikeguy Joe quoted:

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:09 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"1.) Excessive carbon on the plug is from too much oil in the fuel/oil mix. That same carbon build up is on the piston too, if really excessive it could lock the piston but that would be extreme.
2.) From what you are explaining, the problem is not with the fuel/carb/ect.

Sounds like one of two things-the engine/piston is seized or locked up for some reason "

Mechanics looked at Piston, it is fine.

See the thing is...when clutch lever is pulled in, the metal plate is pushed out...but when I release the lever..it doesn't stay parallel and slide in..it comes in at an angle. Let me show you a picture to better understand.

157_motorbikeclutch_1.jpg

Does that make sence? It doesn't disengage right. I called the company today, and I may have an idea of how to work the clutch off now...but I still have absolutely no idea if I can fix it...and I don't have access to the bike until Monday which stinks.

Well any other suggestions...just let me know

Now we're gettin' somewhere!
After you get it apart, look very closely at everything and find what is worn/cracked/broken/ect.

Remember to lay everything out in it's own "exploded view" to make re-assembly easier.

Back