How do you film?

brendonv

Local time
3:12 AM
Hey i want to do a on board camera film and was wondering how u guys do it, i dont want to just ride and hold the camera, i was thinking of just taping my phone to me or something, what should i do? What do u do?

Most people here hold their cameras however I think the best way to go would be to helmet mount or handlebar mount the camera. It's just safer that way.

There's a widget sold at camera stores that's a vice grips with camera tripod mount welded on.

You could make your own with a 1/4" x 20 threads-per-inch bolt.

i remember seeing this video on youtube where this guy put his camera in a poutch, then cut a circle in it for the lens, then u no on ur bag where u can clip the too arm bits together, he clipped the poutch to that. So it was a camera that clipped to his back clip tightly. It worked great, i may do it.
Anyone seen that video, it was for his bike.

Im going to tape my mini tripod to my handlebars, then get the cord off the camera then wrap that around the handlebars then over the camera so if the mount comes loose the camera cont go anywhere. I tested sitting the tripod on the handlebars and it sits well, only a lil tape and it should make a nice video. Ill only go like 30km though just incase.

Tape isn't cool, its messy, can come loose and its generally a pain in the arse. I would suggest getting a couple pipe clamps, fix one around the handlebar and loop another one into the first pipe clamp. This will hold the mini tri-pod very well and be very adjustable. I saw this trick done before in a mickey mouse auto repair and saw the same thing in some lighting thread talking about how to affix a flashlight to your handlebars.

I saw where a guy mounted the camera on a square of plywood and then stapled straps to the plywood. The straps went over his shoulders and around his back, so he had a "chest cam".

Back