how do you go about getting in the over 50 mph club.

Buy a motorcycle? I seriously would not want to do over 35 on an MB. Too small, fragile, and prone to danger
So is a motorbike bike doin 60 in to a pot hole. What you are scared of and what iam scared of are 2 different things. You don't like going fast good for you.. A malfunction can happen at eny speed. On eny bike

Well 49cc Pb hp motor 20inc wheels 50t sprocket 65kmh I closed the plug gap to.. 25 got a rocket key 10 degrees advanced timing now getting 70. 9kmh the temperature is 4c no wind outside now at 3 in the morning I am going out to brake that speed. I hope

No just sits there. I can hear it's not at full revs sposto be 12000 k more like 10 k it's hairy at top speed like funny noise not clean running I think it's the jet

Gearing and port timing are important. With any 2 stroke and expansion chamber is always better. Oil ratios also matter but i doubt you could get it past 60mph my Kawasaki Kx100 barely with reed valves barley hits 63. I think with the 66cc with all performance parts you'll top out at maybe a ball hair over 50

You'd be very incorrect about that. My bike is doing 56 and all I did was port and skirt the piston. There are bikes in Miami doing 70+

There are bikes in Miami doing 70+
If your listening to Britt vangeas or whatever his name is, he's so far crazy on all of his speed runs that almost EVERYONE that is well known on this site will say he is full of crap.
And according to him, all of his bikes are 'lightly modified'

Just gotta love people these days

50 is believable, 60 is on the high side, 70 and your smoking something good.

My ride was highly modified and reved to 9000 and still only reached 45mph.
If I changed from a torque pipe to a racing pipe then I probably could of achieved 50mph.

50's easy, I don't doubt claims of 50 miles per hour from a ported engine with a tuned exhaust and proper gearing. you could be blind drunk and make a bike go 50. 60's hard, but doable, though bottom end suffers. 70 though? there's maybe 2 or 3 guys anywhere near breaking 70, but they're riding top rpm screamers with obscenely tall gearing that can't even move the bike under 25 mph

How you doing? This is in response to your ? How do you get into the 50mph club. My advice to you, is scrap that 2 stroke! Your going to spend many hours an many $'s to achieve that an its still just going to be a vibrating 2 stroke, smelly, messy ! An once you get it there, its not going to be a regular thing. The faster you get it the more s**t that will break. I went thru 4 2strokes in 3 months, an thats when I tossed all that crap in the trash. I now run a 212cc Pred. Put carb n intake an pipe on it, an just with that, and a 12 tooth an 44 tooth. My motor is a week old an havent been past approx 5/8 throttle yet, an just that has me at 64mph all day . Here is my bike. I made every piece
20160808_052229.jpg

You might want to set your speedometer from Kilometers to Miles per hours for a wake-up call back to reality.
60KPH is 37MPH and about normal.

If anyone can actually make a bicycle go 60 MILES in an Hour without gears, it must really suck off the line.

And if you can you damn sure better have the brakes to drop you to a stop just as quick, we are talking dual discs brakes like the 60KPH 4-stroke shifters I build.

2_EmeraldDoneL-1280.jpg

Actually it's faster than 60kph, ~70kph (43mph).
Speed doesn't kill, it's the abrupt impact stop that gets you.
With good brakes you can stop quick and not have an abrupt impact stop.

Just my 2¢ on the matter, take it or leave it.

Back