Safety How do you not get burned?

Buy a pair of Carhartts or dickies you won't get burnt you will feel the heat before it will heat the pants up enough to burn you.

Florida is too hot most of the year for long pants when you're only going 30mph or so.

Last edited:
She lives in Florida and doesn't want to wear long pants because its too hot. I live in Florida also and will not be wearing long pants very much either. However, I'm smart enough to know that wrapping the exhaust will keep it from burning you instantly. I have told her this. She has not listened. This is why she is now on my ignore list. I have tried to help her as much as I'm willing to. I have no more patience for her.
I have to point out, you're a p.r.i.c.k.She's listened to your suggestions, even thanked you in a post.When you ignore someone, ignore them, don't tell others that you are, or why you are.Like on the other site how you had to write a diatribe on why you left, before you left (like anyone cared),... just leave, or just ignore, don't be a p.r.i.c.k. about it.You have so little patience because you have ADHD, remember?

I have to point out, you're a p.r.i.c.k.She's listened to your suggestions, even thanked you in a post.When you ignore someone, ignore them, don't tell others that you are, or why you are.Like on the other site how you had to write a diatribe on why you left, before you left (like anyone cared),... just leave, or just ignore, don't be a p.r.i.c.k. about it.You have so little patience because you have ADHD, remember?

You're absolutely right. I'm slowly learning to be as calloused as everyone else on the internet. That's not a shot at anyone either. I'm just learning to care about things less because if I don't care, I'm able to ignore and if I'm able to ignore, the problem eventually goes away or I forget it and move on. For example. In the past, your comments would've almost certainly caused me to want to argue. But I'm not. In the last few days, I've walked away from several conversations to avoid arguments, and I feel much better not caring who is right or wrong.

You're absolutely right. I'm slowly learning to be as calloused as everyone else on the internet. That's not a shot at anyone either. I'm just learning to care about things less because if I don't care, I'm able to ignore and if I'm able to ignore, the problem eventually goes away or I forget it and move on. For example. In the past, your comments would've almost certainly caused me to want to argue. But I'm not. In the last few days, I've walked away from several conversations to avoid arguments, and I feel much better not caring who is right or wrong.
No sarcasm, that's a sign of maturity, getting your priorities in line.The OP was bouncing ideas, just because someone does not choose your solution doesn't mean it's an insult.My calling you a p.r.i.c.k. was also not an insult, it was constructive criticism, most are too sensitive now to understand the difference.

I just didn't care either way about you calling me a p.r.I.c.k, its not something that offends me. There are things in this world that are worth getting upset over, and things that aren't. As far as the OP, I wasn't insulted, exactly, more like frustrated but ATM I can't for the life of me remember why. Guess it must not have been that important.

I still got scars from riding motorcycles in shorts as a kid.

Mufflers is hot as ..

I wore shorts a few times.

I got burned 10 years ago and still have the scar:

I’ve worn regular jeans ever since. My leg does touch the exhaust, but no burns.

Yeah I'm thinking about some of that safety crap myself, after this crash about 3 weeks ago now and my knee still hurting, but I wear shorts year round, tee shirt sliders or superstars, but gotta to buy one them hard hats, helmets , whatever their called, any suggestions on kind, make, or model and where to buy one, never wore one a kid on my CR or YZ

Back