How do you re-adjust clutch lever? I removed the cover....

K

kamikazi_kostka

Basically..in the topic..bike was running..now won't start...

I took off the entire clutch assembly, and am trying to redo it...I have tried with the lever in numerous spots...but I can never get the lever right. Everytime I push on the lever...it pushes the metal (where the cover is screwed in away from it.)

I am 80% sure my issue is a clutch one...it doesn't disengage right...

I can't even re-hook it up like I had before...Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Give a picture?

I am also curious..is there a ball bearing inside the clutch lever too..or just that short 1" long cylinder?

I re-greased it and put it in...but when I push with my thumb on it...(pushing it in)..it does nothing.

I am wondering if I lost a bearing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...I want this to work.

-Chris

this pic is from grubee site it is the only reference I have found
122_clutch_system_2.jpg

when I removed the center metal thing...no ball bearing in there...not anything loose as far as I could tell...I even turned bike on 45 degree angle..and nothing came out.

Basically...I got the clutch plate on...bought a new clutch cable...put lube on the center cylinder inside clutch assembly...and now the clutch lever works really well ect.

I have the gear cover off as well. Right now...when the lever is pulled in..the inside of the gear spins....when I pull the clutch lever out...it locks. I try pedaling...but it doesn't have compression like usual...just locks.

I also tried riding it with gearbox off. I noticed that when I peddle...the big gear wobbles from side to side a little bit. Is this supposed to happen?

I don't understand...I mean..I guess the piston could be seized...but still not likely after one month of sitting...how could I tell if piston is seized? How do I know if it is clutching issue?

My guess is something blocked in the center clutch..not the lever area..or the gear area...but inbetween..something is locked...so when disengaged...it doesn't disengage right...and the thing won't catch...that is my guess.

Thanks for any help,
Chris

Possible...I didn't see it though...I don't get how it could be jammed. But that would explain it.

See if I hold in clutch lever..I can peddle fine..when released...lever goes back...and chain locks..not able to peddle...what could be causing this locking? Gears are lined up....I just really need this fixed.

take the clutch cover and gear cover off, spin the clutch around, where the gears are. spin and tilt the engine at the same time and the ball bearing should come out. this happen to me when l broke off all four motor mount bolts. l now have to use 2 ball bearings and a shorter clutch pin, it all works and hope this helps

can you please give me a link to the exact page with this diagram..as well as a part reference. A Local Mechanic/Shop Teacher who works with Small Engines is helping me take it apart to fix, he wants a listing of what each individual part is. Like what Part #1, #2, #3...ect. means.

If you could give me the exact link I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,
Chris

Back