How do you run this engine setup and is for looks or actually work !!

Their is a guy on here, I think he goes by bikebuilder who uses the dual intake. He has a cabling system that has the second carb. kick in like manual secondaries on a old holly. I could be wrong on this but this seems like it would be better as the little tiny motor wouldn't have to make up for so much intake volume till it had enough rpm to do so.

That was my thinking. Either that or go with two extremely small carbs so both small carbs equal to the volume of say a VM18mm carb for example. Either that or design a bell crank that as you said would start to pull on the second carb around 1/2 throttle but have its pull ratio set up to pull wide open throttle in half the distance that the other carb does.

That was my thinking. Either that or go with two extremely small carbs so both small carbs equal to the volume of say a VM18mm carb for example. Either that or design a bell crank that as you said would start to pull on the second carb around 1/2 throttle but have its pull ratio set up to pull wide open throttle in half the distance that the other carb does.
It would be pretty cool to hear the secondary kick in. Extremely cool if it happened just as the pipe was coming on.

It would be pretty cool to hear the secondary kick in. Extremely cool if it happened just as the pipe was coming on.

I bet it would. For me I might have to run an offset carb as my sediment bowl might interfere with the Mikuni 18mm carb and I personally thinks an off set intake makes the bike look unbalanced which is why I was tempted to buy that two piece intake come in the back side weld in a plate and block off one side and just use it as a dummy. But if I was ever able to balance two carbs and build a bell crank of some time to make the dual carb function properly I think I really would invest time in it. I did find online a 1 to 2 cable adapter that clamps one cable and allows you to clamp two on the other end so you can use one cable to activate two cables.

I bet it would. For me I might have to run an offset carb as my sediment bowl might interfere with the Mikuni 18mm carb and I personally thinks an off set intake makes the bike look unbalanced which is why I was tempted to buy that two piece intake come in the back side weld in a plate and block off one side and just use it as a dummy. But if I was ever able to balance two carbs and build a bell crank of some time to make the dual carb function properly I think I really would invest time in it. I did find online a 1 to 2 cable adapter that clamps one cable and allows you to clamp two on the other end so you can use one cable to activate two cables.

You might consider using 2 twist throttles, one per carb.

The second carb would be idling, until its throttle is twisted.

Synchronizing carbs would be recommended, but not mandatory.

Last edited:
You might consider using 2 twist throttles, one per carb.

The second carb would be idling, until its throttle is twisted.

Synchronizing carbs would be recommended, but not mandatory.
Maybe a thumb lever would be easier for the left hand to work with, you could even put it on the right side and use it when you lock in a pipe or along side wot.

there's someone around here that has his second carb set up as a mechanical secondary. I think he just got clever with some linkages to do it.

Problem Solvers Cable Doubler?
http://problemsolversbike.com/products/brakes/12_-_8816o

Problem Solvers Travel Agent?
http://problemsolversbike.com/products/brakes/travel_agents_-_6416

Bit of an expensive brand, but ok to give you an idea at least. :)

https://www.sheldonbrown.com/cribsheet-adapters.shtml

I can't (yet) see where you would have the delay built in for the second carb cable. In the cable splitter (doubler) maybe, if it was a home made clever thing. Hmm...

_20170812_005041.JPG

Last edited:
You guys are overthinking.

One throttle per carb is the simplest, cheapest most effective way.
Infinite adjustments. Secondary carb comes on and off on demand at any engine speed the driver chooses.

Their is a guy on here, I think he goes by bikebuilder who uses the dual intake. He has a cabling system that has the second carb. kick in like manual secondaries on a old holly. I could be wrong on this but this seems like it would be better as the little tiny motor wouldn't have to make up for so much intake volume till it had enough rpm to do so.
Yes that's a problem because 28mm of carb combined on a stock or even mildly done engine will not yeild any gain in fact it will create a bog more than the stock single does opening to quickly!

Back