How do!

Dean

Local time
3:55 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm Dean. I'm 44 and I've lived in the great state of Washington for almost my whole life.
I was a professional mechanic for about 10 years, although I've been around cars for most of my life. Built boats and houses for a short time, now I'm happy just sitting around all night, watching video cameras and taking the occassional stroll (and don't call the cops. I'm a Security Guard!).
My interest in motorized bicycles (isn't there a shorter title for this?) comes from my mechanical background and a love (well, a "liking" anyway) of history.
I know that the vehicles this site deals with was really the progenitor of what is now known as the "motorcycle".
To own and ride one of these, I feel, would be a bit like steppng back in history and having a little glimpse into how (some) things were back in motorbiking's infancy.
...plus, it would make a great commuter vehicle (except for this time of the year).
I like music. I spent some time playing in Rock bands (drummer) and, these days, wouldn't mind getting in with a blues and/or jazz group.
I also like guns. I was raised with firearms so I'm not quite as "pragmatic" about that as most seem to be these days. I have many fond memories from my childhood of spending time with my father in the field. This DOESN'T mean I own 17 M-16's and run around in the woods painted up like Rambo! That's for the group who just don't get it. Hunting arms, personal protection, that's cool. Just learn how to use it FIRST.
Ok, that's about it for me.
Thanks for having me aboard. I hope to have a enjoyable visit while I'm here.

Dean

Hello Dean,
I just use MB for short, guess most people here can figure it out. If you try one of these MB's, I think you'll be hooked, just lots of fun. Anyway, welcome to the forum, hope to be "seeing" you around.

Welcome to MBc. It's interesting that a lot of people want to use these bikes to step into the past. I want to take pretty much the same equipment, configure it differently, and step into the future. It's all good.

Thanks to all who've replied so far.
Y'all know how to make a person feel welcome.

------------------------------------

ScottM,

That was pretty good! All that guy needs is his coon skin cap and he'll be all ready to play "Cowboys and Indians" with his buddies!
(after he's done with his home work first, of course)

:D

Dean

Last edited:
Back