How does a Boost Bottle work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm telling you, for me it do not work!
i put one on my 50 c.c. 2 stroke, and i threaded the fitting into the back of a high flow air filter (because my engine does not have the intake tube).
it made no difference at all in how my engine ran.
there was evidence of fuel in the tube going to the boost bottle, so fuel was getting blown back into it. and the inside of the bottle had fuel in it when i took it off.
but as for it working?
i didn't gain or lose anything other than the $$ that i paid for it.

I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers out there, boost bottles do work in the proper application, You wanted proof look at any of the Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki,Ktm or Honda dirt bikes they all have them, and they don,t even charge you anything extra when you buy one of their bikes. It would take a whole chapter in a book to explain how to make one work proper, and a whole lot of very technical equipment to do the job. You would need a strobe light and a strobe counter to count the reverse impulses coming out of the Carb. It would be in Milliseconds,you have to know the piston speed which is controled by the length of the stroke.and the whole mess has to do with the in coming air running into the reversion pulse and that is exactly where the boost bottle entrance has to be. they put a length of glass tube in the intake so they can see right where that collision happens. If you think I'am full of hot air look up Bill Cudney racing on the net and give them a call, they are out of Canada, ask them if they know me and if I know 2 strokes, I raced against them many times years ago and they never beat me. my name is Bob Ganger, talk to the dad not the son he was to young to remember me.

Feel free to call me
Bob Ganger 734 761 4998

I agree that they can work, but it is probably much more calculable and noticeable on a higher CC engine which is aggressively ridden.

If you run the tube to the air filter, its not going to have any effect on the engine. If it runs to the inlet tube, but the boost tube is too restrictive, it will effect the ability to "pulse" with the engine, and may render it ineffective or detrimental.

I think it might be a better idea just to have a reed valve setup. Don't many dirtbikes already have carburetors or fuel injection throttle body systems that incorporate reed valves?

I think something more practical for a mb engine would be a collector/resonator between carb and engine, called a "juice box" for pocketbike engines.

Hello, give me vtec. I have not tried it on my bike yet.

I think the boost bottle can work, but I bet most of what is sold for Mb's is basically a fashion accessory, including the stock-style inlet tubes with the little brass fitting added.

If you still have it though, I may be interested, because I am experimenting with running the happytime on propane.

If this is the product you have, I would like the intake tube especially. How much are you asking for S&H, then, to Dallas TX?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAwdO7ATPnM&feature=fvw

Last edited:
I don't know... 10 or 15 bucks should cover it. I will send the intake Mani with it if you want. Pm me with your address and I will give you my paypal address to send the money to. My only request for the bottle is that you post a video in this thread of the bike running so that we can all see how crappy they work... You can be the non-biased tester and put this whole thing to rest.

Do you want me to Post a pic of the bottle?

Last edited:
I use boost bottles on all my bikes and they do work. I find the idle is alot better and mid to top end performance is very much increased

G M Vtec, I have a stock center fire 50cc Grubee/HT, with the stock NT carb and square filter box, common stuff.

I'll have it, and I have a digital camcorder. I do not know how to make youtube videos yet, though.

I think it will be fun to hook it up and try it. I agree to be a "non biased tester", because I'm not making anything off it. If it sucks, I will try to adjust it or change the hoses, I even have 2 carbs to try. But if that individual setup doesn't work, I'm only out $15, and can use the air manifold for the propane experiments later.

I'll send a PM. Thanks.

Lot of armchair quarterbacks here. Did you try one? Was your motor broken in properly? Did you adjust the carburetor after installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back