Centrifugal how does the centrifugal clutch attach to crankshaft?

I

iron_monkey

The clutch kit arrived but with no instructions.

How does this thing attach to the crankshaft? There is no slot on the bushing for the woodruff key. Does it use the woodruff key at all?
Surely the nut alone can't take the place of the woodruff key?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I found it and the only relevent instruction was

"5: Next install the new clutch assembly; this is a good time to put a small amount of high tack
grease on the gears, not too much as it could contaminate the clutch and cause slipping. Install
the crank bolt be sure to put the thrust washer on the bolt before tightening."

I presume the woodruff key isn't needed...

No problem bro...I will be able to add more as i just bought 2 happy times with CF clutchs and pull starts from but I have not played with them yet. I will post as I get into it....POPS

No problem bro...I will be able to add more as i just bought 2 happy times with CF clutchs and pull starts from but I have not played with them yet. I will post as I get into it....POPS

See if there is vibration when you apply slight throttle and describe what the engagement rpm is like. Also describe how it performs in dead stop hill starts up low-moderate-steep hills (mainly how much time it spends slipping) and what sprocket is used.

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be happy to post my results but it is going to be quite awhile as there is 3 feet of snow in my yard. Maybe in a month or so if not longer....POPS

Iron, the clutch has no woodruff key, it's tapered; so when you tighten the bolt it locks it onto the crankshaft. You use the long bolt, supplied with kit, to pull the clutch off the taper if you need to remove it. Hope this helps.

Back