How Does the GEBE System Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes

If the tensioner did not move it would not be doing it's job.
It's supposed to bob up and down. let it ... don't try to tie it down like some folks have !!!!!

To tell you the truth, I am so busy keeping an eye on the road to notice what the tensioner is doing back there. I hate road rash at 30+ MPH (LOL)

Did anyone have any trouble with the GEBE throttle? The throttle seems very nice, but I can't get it to stay tight on the handlebars. I have regular 7/8" handlebars.

Yes I had throttle trouble

I got rid of that stupid clip and got a hose clamp at home depot.

much better !!!! I had a little trouble finding one that wasn't to wide.
and then I kinda had to force it a little bit to get it through the throttle housing... Also try to get one that won't have much excess sticking out so you dont have to cut it. You don't want any sharp edges...

:D

Does anyone know the inside diameter of the gear on the engine driveshaft? Is it 1/2" ID? Is there a keyway?

I need the gear's specs for a home project.:unsure:

I just installed a GEBE kit within the last month. My answer to the inside the frame kit would have to be NO...I see no way for that to work with their engine mounts. For that matter, with any universal engine (Honda, Tanaka, etc) they are just too wide. Now if there was a way to mount their small drive gear to like a Grubee Skyhawk kit, you may be in business, but you should keep the distance between that gear and the plastic wheel the same. You would also have to work out something for a belt tensioner. Overall, the kit really is easy, IF the bike has clearance in all the right places. I worked for weeks to install this on a $600 700c hybrid bike...lots of modifications. In the process I had a $99 Wal-mart bike with 26" 36-hole wheels, and it went on in 30 minutes. Far superior to a friction drive...I don't even think you can compare the two.

I don't see....

Any reason to try to frame mount a GEBE !!!!!!!
I want mine behind me !!!!!!!
IMHO that's the only place to mount a engine on a bike ...
Rack Mount !!!!!

Couldn't you just buy a drive ring, belt, and drive gear from GEBE and fabricate the mounts yourself for a third of the cost? What problems might I run into if I try to do this? Also what engines would be best suited for the task. I'm trying to get a quality setup as inexpensively as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back