how far do you ride?

noble b

Local time
10:48 PM
i have a grubee 66cc and use it to go to the store to work but have never gone farther that 7 8 miles one way. well i was wondering how far does everyone else on here go. because i want to push this thing farther i would like it to be a main form of transportation in my city. its not to big of a city you can get anywhere in 20 30 min (that's a high guess) in a car.

I have ridden a HT 2-stroke bike many times over 50 miles in a single trip; my longest was 138 miles. But I had to be prepared with tools to repair a fixable break. Those happened once in a while, not every ride. Always, I had pre-arranged with a helper to come and get me if necessary. The agreement was each time I called for help, it cost me a fancy steak dinner.

I ride 30 miles to work everyday on my bumblebeebolton. Its a blast. I haven't drivin my truck in weeks. Its nice to have 60 extra bucks in my pocket at the end of the week from saving money on gas.

I don't know how many miles exactly but I was out for 5hrs with I think three 10min stops. Just cruising enjoying the day, no particular destination. I was riding very slow, maybe 15mph tops and managed to do it without topping off my tank.

my longest single day ride was just shy of 250 kilometers (156 miles) although on sealed roads.
That's a long way away from home if the thing decides to fail, hence the reason why my trailer tool kit and fuel weighs in at around 35 kilos (77 lbs), virtually enabling the engine to be rebuilt on the side of the road...

My average trips are just about town doing errands and sometimes to work and back. Town trips I average 20 to 30 miles but theres a lot of downhill coasting in the mountains.

Hi nobel_b -

The bike I put all those miles on was a Haro v3 I purchased about 18 years ago. It was a large diameter steel tube frame with rim V-brakes. I ride only dry paved roads at an average speed of 25 mph. In the western part of the U.S., towns can be found pretty far apart. The roads can be bumpy once in a while. I lost a few small items because they were not tied down well enough and bounced out of its holders.

MikeJ

I OWN A CHEVY SILVERADO AND SPEND 50-80 BUCKS PER WEEK ON GAS FOR MOSTLY WORK. I GOT A NEW JOB 5 MILES FROM MY HOUSE AND I RIDE MY BIKE PRETTY MUCH 5 DAYS A WEEK. I AGREE I LOVE SPENDING $2 IN GAS OIL PER WEEK AND PUT THE EXTRA $60 IN MY POCKET FOR A FAT BAG. IF IT DON'T GET SPEND ONE PLACE IT GETS SPENT THE OTHER. I ride golden shower bicycle engine.

Back