How fast does it go, mister?

I'm still breaking my Whizzer in. I've been averaging 30/35 mph.It's nice and smooth and sounds like a Harley. Once the motor is broke in it should do 55 mph. The motor has been modified.

My TLE43 is getting broken in some with 180mi now on it. Still running 30:1 oil/fuel until this second gallon is run through it. I usually cruise around 25mph but since I have tons of hills here maintaining a constant speed isn't practical or easy. I have a NuVinci setup so when cruising i usually overdrive it just enough to keep the engine purring along without lugging it or screaming at high revs usually hold it around 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. When climbing I bump the NV hub down a notch and hold it WOT while pedaling to just zoom up those hills. max speed on the flat engine alone so far is 30, the kit was advertised to go 32 and i can tell she will do it with ease once its leaned out a bit on oil and running loose.
I dont get much of any vibration unless i'm stressing the engine out, just like you would feel on a motorcycle or standard car.

Hi Guys,

OK, I moved the e-clip to the lowest ring on the needle...It didn't want to idle at all...had to make adjustments to the cable (unscrewing from the top of the carb-bell). It's idling now.

I think that my initial power is LESS starting out, but it does feel smoother at higher speeds. 25-27 is as fast as I brought it today on my street testing it out.

I cannot really get any response from the idle screw. I'm thinking that I probably need to put RTV on the intake gasket? I have it turned out to the recommended 4.5 turn, but it really doesn't seem to do anything. Does yours?

How many ounces of oil do you put into each gallon you're putting together? I was able to notice a bit of smoke from the pipe today as it's not windy yet... I'm using Penzoil 2 stroke oil in 3.2oz containers. Before I was using the 2.5 Pro-Mix but putting 1.5 bottles in, so I'm thinking I'm close to the same ratio...I can add more if you guys think I should.

I"m really good with Nitro motors, but gas is kind of new to me...so any suggestions are helpful. I'm not looking for "more power/less mileage", I'm looking for the same power, but smoother on the low end. I guess I can't tell rich or lean from the sound of the motor like a nitro motor.

OK, fire away! :)

Took the bike out for a short ride to night- twice got it to 40 mph- it sounded fine there but I wasn't too comfortable there- like I said before- 25 to 30 and everyone is happy. The Honda wants to rev...not so much the rider.

That's your Honda motor I presume HoughMade with the crouching seat and bars. If it's the HT I find that speed unbelievable. My 4-stroke hit 63 km\hr which is 1 km\hr less than yours but that was on the flat with a 44T sprocket and I was walking it up hills. From what I read on these pages I think the Honda revs better than the Huangsheng and thus has more pulling power.

Yep- that's my Honda GXH50- me crouching and giving it a good long time to get up to speed. Now, it is possible, that the speedo is a hair off, but I don't think it's off by much. Let me be clear- at that speed, the engine was singing and I have no governor, so it may have been over-revving.

Also, I have not directly compared the performance of my Honda to the Huasheng, but from what I can see, Huasheng lists a lower max rpm and a lower horsepower figure. Like I said, the engine sounded like it could run like that high rpm all day....but I would not want to. 25 to 30 is perfect.

[edit]

Also- I am convinced that just a lower sprocket tooth count will not assure a higher top speed. I think the Honda, and probably the Huasheng, have a narrow power band high in the rpm scale. This means that too low a tooth count will not allow the engine to rev high enough to hit the power band in the right spot- a small enough sprocket may very well place the power band so high up that you are fighting wind resistance too much. What sprocket is best, I don't know.....yet. A similar thing happens with cars with very high overdrives- most hit their top speed in 4th or 5th gear, one or 2 gears below the highest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

OK, I moved the e-clip to the lowest ring on the needle...It didn't want to idle at all...had to make adjustments to the cable (unscrewing from the top of the carb-bell). It's idling now.

I think that my initial power is LESS starting out, but it does feel smoother at higher speeds. 25-27 is as fast as I brought it today on my street testing it out.

I cannot really get any response from the idle screw. I'm thinking that I probably need to put RTV on the intake gasket? I have it turned out to the recommended 4.5 turn, but it really doesn't seem to do anything. Does yours?

The 4.5 turns is just a starting point. I wouldnt use the cable adjustment to set idle. Ill bet you have the slide opened by that adjustment on top of the carby, loosen that (screw it in all the way) and your idle screw will probably work. If you havent yet you should find the right size oring to install between the carby and the intake manifold, I have RTV on my gaskets also.

How many ounces of oil do you put into each gallon you're putting together? I was able to notice a bit of smoke from the pipe today as it's not windy yet... I'm using Penzoil 2 stroke oil in 3.2oz containers. Before I was using the 2.5 Pro-Mix but putting 1.5 bottles in, so I'm thinking I'm close to the same ratio...I can add more if you guys think I should.

Did you recieve instructions with your kit? Mine states the recommended gas/oil ratio to break in and the ratio for after break in. I would follow those recommendations

I"m really good with Nitro motors, but gas is kind of new to me...so any suggestions are helpful. I'm not looking for "more power/less mileage", I'm looking for the same power, but smoother on the low end. I guess I can't tell rich or lean from the sound of the motor like a nitro motor.

The only way I could get smooth on the lower end as I like to ride slow was to go to the 50t sprocket..As far as rich or lean learn to read your plug, the only way. Pictures of plugs are on the internet, and if you wanted im sure you could post pics of your plug and members would be glad to give you their advise...

OK, fire away! :)

My 2 cents worth.......

I saw some mention about an o-ring on the carb - can you tell me where you got yours?

Yes, I'm sure we have the same kit...but I don't know that calcs to figure out the ratios. That's why I'm asking how many ounces of oil do you mix with 1 gallon of gas?

I'll pull the plug after I get home and the motor gets cold again. After I posted, I took a shower and killed about 30 minutes around the house...when I fired it up to come to work, it was acting perfectly normal, but it ran MUCH better. Comfy cruising 15mph, and comfy cruising 24-25mph. Yes, I came a bit faster as the engine seemed really happy.

With the idle adjustment screw, clockwise makes it idle faster or slower?

Thanks!

Turning the screw to the right (clockwise) will make the screw go in, there by raising the throttle thing, raising your idle. Sorry for all the technical terms :p

Ok for my kit the break in instructions say for the first gallon of fuel mix gas/oil 20:1 20 parts gasoline to 1 part oil so for 1 gallon (128oz ) you take 128 divided by 20 = 6oz of oil. After break in they suggest 25:1 1 gallon 128oz divided by 25 = 5oz of oil. Now your past break in now and when I am I will be running synthetic oil, I have to look but there are posts about people running 50:1 with synthetic.
As for the oring I have an oring assortment. But you should be able to go to Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware and get one. If you cant find one PM me your add. and Ill send you one. With the idle turned in clockwise it raises the slide making it idle faster.

Back