How fast does it go, mister?

HI Mister,
Thanks again...now I know how to figure it out. :)
I think I'll run another gallon of regular oil after this one, but I'll richen it up a bit right now. Once you switch to synthetic, there's virtually no more breaking in...so it won't hurt to run a few more tanks of "regular" just to be sure the process is complete.

Had a nice ride home today...but I'll post about it elsewhere..

I will look for the o-ring since it sounds readily available.

Too bad we don't live closer so we could ride together... Where exactly are you again?

Cya
Mark

Yeah you should be ready to go to 25:1 or 30:1 with regular oil. I think you will also notice more power with less oil. I live in Sebastian. Just North of Vero, South of Melbourne...

Very familiar - surfed more times than I could possibly remember at the Inlet...in fact I was there about a month ago. Too far to cruise the bike too, unfortunately!

Have you taken it out to the beach yet? Must be wonderful cruising down A1A or even US1 (Bike paths?)

Another couple of weeks and it's going to be HOT HOT HOT! I get the feeling we're going to see some storms again this year...I definitely don't mind if they sit offshore, just stay away from my house!!!! (In the last 10 years, I've had the eye of 3 storms pass over us - that's enough for a lifetime...not to mention I lived in Miami when Andrew came through!).

OK, TTYL
Mark

I left Ft Lauderdale in 87, Left before Andrew,never had a major storm since we moved there in the early 70's. Moved back last year. Now I'm back there won't be anymore storms. The A1A here is as you know just a long stretch of road, not like Lauderdale, or Boynton Im sure, there is no "strip" lol. I would like to ride it though nice bike paths and wilderness trails, but I need a rack to get MB there. Prob. 15 miles to get there from here. And that is on the dreaded US1 which here is 55 mph which meens cars are doing 70.....

Cruiser Style with HT--owned 3 months (semi-n00b)

Throttle: Cruising speed at around 20-25 at 60-75% throttle

Shake: Much, much, smoother since I fixed the front engine mount and replaced my magneto

Sound: A nice steady hum with kind of a "wah-wah-wah" sound coming from the drivetrain area--I just try to keep the chain tightened and well-oiled. Also I had a reflector that vibrated a buzzing sound, but I superglued that. Now it's finally nice to hear a well-oiled machine between my legs--lesser vibrations (for now at least!).

Last edited:
im at 28-45 its a old type 48cc kit with a high rev of 9k

with a 40t sproket my idel is like 15mph

OK, a few weeks have passed...motor's MUCH happier, and I'm finally past freaking out about flats. (knock on wood)

I cruise between 20-24, 25+ and the motor sounds like it's running "fast". Maybe I'm just babying it, but I don't want to blow it up. I ordered a 40t (I'm at 44 now) and I'll go a bit faster at the same revs...that's fine - I really don't want to go any faster. I'm happy. :)

Where did you order the 40 from and how much

OK, a few weeks have passed...motor's MUCH happier, and I'm finally past freaking out about flats. (knock on wood)

I cruise between 20-24, 25+ and the motor sounds like it's running "fast". Maybe I'm just babying it, but I don't want to blow it up. I ordered a 40t (I'm at 44 now) and I'll go a bit faster at the same revs...that's fine - I really don't want to go any faster. I'm happy. :)

OK, Give it up! Where did you order the 40 from and how much? I am on a 44 and I could use a 40 also.

One more thing, when you mount a digital speedometer on the forks, do you mount it high on the wheel, middle of the wheel or the center of the wheel. The directions with mine did not say so I am not sure.

Paul

Back