How fast is your bike?

Apparently there's some history using JB Weld inside the engine as I heard it has been done by 2-stroke builders for years. I've only ridden about 10 miles since doing it and it has held up fine. Now I'm worried I over did it actually and might grind away some next time I open her up.

21-22 at the most.
Over 25, aren't we getting into the need 4 bigger tires, better brakes, motorcycle helmets. more protective clothing, and all the rest?
I can't ride on open road in the low 20's without falling asleep ;-}
Mid to high 30's cruise speed and ~45MPH is my 'too fast' threshold, but as you mentioned not without good equipment.

Pretty much any 66cc stock direct drive I build will run mid 30's but I start with the newest skyhawks, do a few little things on every one like replacing all the stock wiring and using an Iridium plug, and the stock new CNS carbs w/ the Z-pipe on 2012 Skyhawks really help performance too.

Since this is clearly a topic about direct drive speeds these can't be considered because gears change everything and with performance mods scarey.

This diamondback is so light and it forces you to bend over even with just a stock exhaust this 48cc 7-speed shifter tops 40MPH easy with my 6'2" 165# body.

Dback48ddLF.jpg

I have built some that are way too scary for me to open up though like this one.

Dust.gif

That was a couple years ago but if memory serves I had it up ~50 with more gear and throttle left before I ran out of road and nerve ;-}

the intake port timing is determined by the bottom of the port, not the top. You can take all that JBWeld off.

I am happy with my 28MPH (45KPH) I don't want to scare myself too much, my Suzuki GSXR400S KATANA does that very nicely thank-you! No car!

Sensible, Wally. I hope and suspect that you share my view that we should go no faster than we are equipped and accoutered for.

I can only go 20, but 28 seems fine with good brakes/tires, good maintenance, helmet. Gloves and long pants are fine, but if you crash without them you will not end up dead (although maybe wishing you were) or paralyzed. It's all a big freedom cry until we are wheeled into the ER, uninsured and begging for immediate, uncompensated medical care.

I too have bigger stuff, a BMW Dakar 650. Then I ride with full motorcycle helmet, motorcycle boots, blue jeans (at least), rated gloves.

I also fly a paramotor, which is admittedly risky. But I dress, equip and prepare for as much safety as possible.

If all MB riders were more like you we would not be suffering near the regulatory blow back we are now.

I am so proud of the things we all ready figured out. Now just home. M&S Motorized Bikes. HP works, for the People smart enough to use it. Others can walk.

I have built some that are way too scary for me to open up though like this one.

Dust.gif

That was a couple years ago but if memory serves I had it up ~50 with more gear and throttle left before I ran out of road and nerve ;-}

m m m m m m mountain bike! holy grail! GT LTS...erm...1?

*stares at the wall vacantly and drools*

I'm actually quite surprised that most peoples averages are around 30.. My kit is set up with no modifications and i reach 60km/h almost every time i ride... not bragging just confused, i guess i should be wearing more safe clothing :p i have a dirt bike helmet though, so thats safe. i ride mostly trails too

Back