How good are machined alloy rims?

I hear guys talk about the rear mag rim failing all the time. There have been threads about it.
Maybe @CrazyDan will chime in and tell us of his experience again.
The brake pads overheats the mag wheel rim and the tube blows and or the mag rim separates. Also long term ware of the brake pads will eat through the aluminum mag
Bikeberry even put a warning out. WARNING -The use of rim brakes can cause premature failure of mag wheels

Last edited:
Just curious because I saw the Zeda Screaming demon V2 comes with rim brakes in the rear and I was thinking of getting it.

On the positive side, Bicycles have no problems with Mag rims and rim brakes because of the lower speeds.
It's M/Bs that have a problems because of stopping from speeds of 30mph and over.
But if ya never go faster than 30 mph ya probably won't have a problem. Maybe :LOL:

On the positive side, Bicycles have no problems with Mag rims and rim brakes because of the lower speeds.
It's M/Bs that have a problems because of stopping from speeds of 30mph and over.
But if ya never go faster than 30 10 mph ya probably won't have a problem. Maybe :LOL:
There! I fixed your post.

Strange:
bikeberry does have a not for caliper brakes (I’m pretty certain this applies to all rim brakes)

bicycle-engine.com state for disc or caliper

Has anyone tried it and have them fail?

The zeda bike frames are poorly designed and have been well known to break. I know this to be fact because mine broke at the rear dropouts where they all break. The CDH frame is a much better and stronger design

Back