How good are machined alloy rims?

The zeda bike frames are poorly designed and have been well known to break. I know this to be fact because mine broke at the rear dropouts where they all break. The CDH frame is a much better and stronger design

I never noticed but looks like a few differences and may be more...

CDH:

ZEDA:

I've only had one rim nearly fail on me from rim brakes, it had worn through in a few spots. Inspecting my brake pads there were small slivers of metal in them, pretty sure that helped to wear the rim even faster. Thank God I caught it before it failed, there were many spots in the machined brake surface I could push through my my nails. I check my pads for debris from time to time now.
Now the overheating from braking downhill going high speeds causing tubes to pop is scary. I am glad both times it happened to me I was nearly stopped or at a red light. One was just as I pulled up to the gas pumps, rim almost burned me. Second time was just at the bottom of a huge hill here in town and got a red light a few seconds before getting there, was going 50 mph. About 5 seconds after stopped, heard a small noise and tire deflated in under a second, the tube was torn over a foot.
I keep my front tire about 10 lbs under max now so it can heat up and stay under max.
This wasn't with mag rims, was a 32 spoke double walled aluminum front wheel.

Last edited:
Now the overheating from braking downhill going high speeds causing tubes to pop is scary.
This is one of the perfect reasons that i advise anyone on motorized bikes to NEVER follow the top inflation PSIs on the tires they are running.

On the Kevlar tires im running, they say 40 to 65 PSI...I never go beyond 45 PSI, and have never had a tube or tire pop on me from overheating.

For that matter, Ive never had a flat tire whatsoever in over 5 years and 6 thousand miles now since running only kevlar tires and super thick slime tubes...the old tires and tubes are still good with good tread and have saved them for spares if ever needed...DAMIEN

This is one of the perfect reasons that i advise anyone on motorized bikes to NEVER follow the top inflation PSIs on the tires they are running.

On the Kevlar tires im running, they say 40 to 65 PSI...I never go beyond 45 PSI, and have never had a tube or tire pop on me from overheating.

For that matter, Ive never had a flat tire whatsoever in over 5 years and 6 thousand miles now since running only kevlar tires and super thick slime tubes...the old tires and tubes are still good with good tread and have saved them for spares if ever needed...DAMIEN
I'm saving you a seat in the "Found a Free Nail Club":LOL:

I'm saving you a seat in the "Found a Free Nail Club
YOU, keep your nails to yourself and I better not find any magnets in my tires...lol...Your just jealous...lol...The desert here has enough mesquite thorns and tumbleweeds to dodge already...lol...Not to mention the HIGH heat here as well in the summer, not unsual to hit 110 degrees farenheit per day for weeks at a time, definitely will heat up tires and tubes on the hot tar...DAMIEN

Last edited:
I feel your luck is running out. Over 5 years your over due :LOL:
But great for you, I wish I was that lucky, I seem to find a nail once every year or two 🤷‍♂️

BTW I'm a member of the "Found a Free Nail Club" it's kinda a joke around here

BTW I'm a member of the "Found a Free Nail Club" it's kinda a joke around here
Well, I never pick up any nails so i guess ill never be a member of that club, But before using kevlars, I was a charter member of the Mequite Thorns and Tumbleweeds Club...lol...I'd be puntured Sometimes at the rate of 3 times per week, got tired real quick of patching conventional tires and tubes...DAMIEN

Back