How good are machined alloy rims?

Check this out,

Well, I never pick up any nails so i guess ill never be a member of that club, But before using kevlars, I was a charter member of the Mequite Thorns and Tumbleweeds Club...lol...Sometimes at the rate of 3 times per week, got tired real quick of patching conventional tires and tubes...DAMIEN
Thorn & Tumbleweed Club :LOL:

Check this out,
Yea, I came across that posting while reading things here and there in the forums which is one of the reasons why i posted on another thread some time back about bikeberry's fairly new warning of not recommending rim brakes whatsoever on their mag style rims...They bought the farm a few times from some irate customers with these type of failures,,,DAMIEN

When I lived in Albuquerque they had these nasty thorns in the desert called goats heads, horrible stuff. They actually go through shoes if it’s thin enough.

I rode through Jerome and Prescott on my way to LA on an epic Harley adventure that started in Chicago and mostly traced Rte 66.

When I lived in Albuquerque they had these nasty thorns in the desert called goats heads, horrible stuff. They actually go through shoes if it’s thin enough.
Hi wolframore,

I got a yard just full of rocks, goat heads, and mesquite here...If your home sick ill send ya some to give you some happy memories...lol...If you didnt already know, I live in Alamogordo, NM...Moved here when i retired at 55 yrs, 10 years ago...

Ain't it great? I retired @55 in '04. Life is good.
Initially, I wasnt too enamored with the idea of retirement until the moment i did it, then moved from New Hampshire, (too expensive to live there any longer), to Alamogordo, NM...It only costs a third of what it cost me to live in NH...lol...DAMIEN

Last edited:
Back