How hard are Golden eagle engines to install?

Abc111

Local time
9:55 AM
Does the 40cc 2 stroke golden eagle engine require you to drill a hole in the bike or engine mount.Also, could someone with absolutely no mechanichal or bicycle related experience install it without any powertools?

abosulutely the simplest drivetrain to install, you will not be dissapointed!

Thamks.What amazon, walmart, or target bike under 200 preferabely 100 or 150, would you reccommend for the 40cc 2 stroke?

hi abc,

before you go buying a bicycle make sure you do the correct measuring for compatibility with the gebe system. This is the most important part of the process as it is critical you have the space between the current spokes and the rear end frame.

http://www.bikeengines.com/bikerec.htm

this link tells you all you need to know about the right sort of bike to choose. Once you understand the basics of what the bike needs, go shopping, as far as bikes go the Sky's the limit these kits can be mounted or various styles so long as it is compatible. You should be able to find a bike under $200 no problem.

Wow your gunning for it straight out of the blocks with the 40cc i chose the 33cc after reading many reviews and builds here, so you are in the right place to find out about builds, just do lots of research and your build will go smoothly. If you check out the very first thread in rackmounts (golden eagle support services) thats augidog (a once member) who now works with the company and will help you if you run into major issues that none of the fellow members can help you out with.

bamabikeguy posts have a wealth of info that will help you, and once you start your build, remember to document it and if you run into problems i can almost guarantee you will have a reply within the hour. Trust me i have been down this route and the fellow members on here are great.

Last edited:
hi abc,

before you go buying a bicycle make sure you do the correct measuring for compatibility with the gebe system. This is the most important part of the process as it is critical you have the space between the current spokes and the rear end frame.

Absolutely vegaspaddy, I cant stress vegaspaddy's post enough. If you dont it's going
to take all the fun out of the build. Believe me, I know. terrence

I have no mechanical or bicycle experience and the Gebe was an easy install. Put it together in my living room. The only tools I had were a 15 year old 8 piece avenir bike tool thingy and a set of pliers.

The only things that might give a little trouble is getting proper belt tracking on the gear and bending the front mount strap to fit to the bike, both weren't much of a problem.

To check bikes for Gebe-ification I measured and brought with me an 8 1/2 in piece of string, measured from center of rear axle and see if a credit card or drivers license can fit in between the chainstays at that 8 1/2" mark.

I don't like cheap low end department store bikes myself so I hunted down an older but higher quality used mountain bike on Craigslist. People on this site seem to not have problems with the department store bikes though.

...Also try not to drop your engine on the floor and destroy your air cleaner plate and after putting a new one on, connect the hoses up to the wrong places! :eek:

Back