How I built boardtrack racer #1. A picture diary

Jayraye39

Local time
5:54 AM
Since I was not a member of this forum when I built my first boardtracker. I thought it would be cool to show you the process and refinements when building this bike. I knew nothing of 2 strokes or the china bike motors at the time. Just like my recent build, I was on a small budget and used almost everything I could around me for parts. Here is my story
Screenshot_20230409_221527_Facebook.jpg
IMG_20180123_193807.jpg
IMG_20180123_193934.jpg
Screenshot_20230409_221902_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230409_221934_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230409_221942_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230409_223710_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230409_223806_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230409_223654_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230409_221747_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230409_221752_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230409_221758_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230409_221851_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230409_222221_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230409_223612_Photos.jpg

Nice job.

Better flip those rotors; they’re mounted backwards. The spokes must be in compression.

Nice job.

Better flip those rotors; they’re mounted backwards. The spokes must be in compression.
The rotors usually have directional arrows on them to take the guess work out of it...If @Jayraye39 followed the arrows stamped onto the rotors he will be OK...I think he DOES know to follow the arrows for proper rotational direction.

The spokes must be in compression.
What does that even mean when you mention spokes in compression???...Those are mag wheels, they are solid spokes molded right into the mags.

The rotors usually have directional arrows on them to take the guess work out of it...If @Jayraye39 followed the arrows stamped onto the rotors he will be OK...I think he DOES know to follow the arrows for proper rotational direction.

What does that even mean when you mention spokes in compression???...Those are mag wheels, they are solid spokes molded right into the mags.
You don’t need arrows if you understand the forces acting on wheels and rotors. I have never seen a disc rotor or rear sprocket with spokes in tension. However I HAVE seen one come apart when mounted in tension.

If you look around, you will notice that:
Directional rotors have spokes leading/in compression.
Directional rear sprockets have spokes trailing/in compression
Directional M/C wheels have spokes trailing/in compression on braking.

Spokes in a bicycle wheel should have approximately the same average tension to ensure they are strong, reliable and long-lasting.

Tension is done using a spoke driver and should not be too loose or too tight as this can cause damage to the rim, spoke nipples and hub flanges.

So how exactly do you do that with mag wheels that DO NOT use a spoke driver, and have no nipples or hub flanges, but are one solid piece wheel...They are not adjustable on solid state mags.

I have mag wheels myself so I can attest to the fact that there is no adjustment for mag spokes and have been running them for years with my disk brakes as well...With no problems with them whatsoever.

DSCN0189.JPG

DSCN0188.JPG

Adel clamp holding front caliper adaptor to fork. IMG_0349.jpg

Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg

Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg

DSCN0229.JPG

Spokes in a bicycle wheel should have approximately the same average tension to ensure they are strong, reliable and long-lasting.

Tension is done using a spoke driver and should not be too loose or too tight as this can cause damage to the rim, spoke nipples and hub flanges.

So how exactly do you do that with mag wheels that DO NOT use a spoke driver, and have no nipples or hub flanges, but are one solid piece wheel...They are not adjustable on solid state mags.
I never said anything about spoked bicycle wheels. I am talking about mag wheels. 3 spoke mags on sport bikes are usually directional with the spokes trailing. Ever wonder why?

I have no idea what you are going on about. I never said to adjust the spokes of a mag wheel. I remember now why I quit this forum.

I never said anything about spoked bicycle wheels. I am talking about mag wheels. 3 spoke mags on sport bikes are usually directional with the spokes trailing. Ever wonder why?

I have no idea what you are going on about. I never said to adjust the spokes of a mag wheel. I remember now why I quit this forum.
I do not even pretend to know what you are saying, I'm sure someone will be on here in the morning that will catch this and explain it to me.

I do not even pretend to understand what you mean by
I have never seen a disc rotor or rear sprocket with spokes in tension. However I HAVE seen one come apart when mounted in tension.

Back