How I power the lights

Potentiometer? I guess I could make a joke with that if'd you thrown enough line to bite onto. Next time use more colors and one of those purple sparkly rubber fishing baits, I like the purple ones the best. The sparkly ones remind me of christmas, which is forbidden in japan. Given no thanks so they screwed up our friends and their cornfields. Sock it to them with hamster, touch blinded over the cut broken samual and the pharos stick.. I bit the guanachain an preformed red pow-wow. Soup everlasting.

Enough of a reference for ya? Say no to drugs April 20th will be right up, don't forget to smile for the camera. Wear your f***ing helmets people!!

Last edited:
Bought a slightly more complicated version, generic moped/motorcycle/atv switch with high beam, turn, and horn switches.

and highest setting is the "give people seizures" strobe setting, blinking so fast that mearly looking in the direction of the flashing pisses me off. Annoyingly fast.

I call that the wake the F up or get off the cell phone rate, funny no comment on the POT reference, yes there are more loaded switch assembles but I am already dealing with three levers two shifters and a throttle and unlike a motorcycle with foot controls to spread the fun.
Potentiometer? I guess I could make a joke with that if'd you thrown enough line to bite onto. Next time use more colors and one of those purple sparkly rubber fishing baits, I like the purple ones the best. The sparkly ones remind me of christmas, which is forbidden in japan. Given no thanks so they screwed up our friends and their cornfields. Sock it to them with hamster, touch blinded over the cut broken samual and the pharos stick.. I bit the guanachain an preformed red pow-wow. Soup everlasting.

Enough of a reference for ya? Say no to drugs April 20th will be right up, don't forget to smile for the camera. Wear your f***ing helmets people!!
Occasionally when you go off on a tangent I wonder, NO offense intended.

And not all 18650 cells are the same, the state of the art of lithium batteries is advancing like the blitzkrieg, with the technology and chemistry improving all the time. I have now switched over to IMR cells, from the old ICR cells that need the protection board so bad. I use these in my vaping mod, as they are 1oC rated. My vaping mod shorts the battery with a sub ohm bit of resistance wire. Here is my short report on lithium batteries again.

Regular Lithium Ion: Remember, these have the highest storage capacity, but they are DANGEROUS, and should only
be used with a protection circuit board, and should never be charged at more than 1C. These
also have the lowest discharge capacity, and will explode if charged or discharged too fast!

ICR LiCoO2 (Lithium Cobalt Oxide)

High Discharge Capacity: Better chemistry means these don't really need a protection circuit.

IFR LiFePo4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate)
IMR LiMn2O4 (Lithium Manganese Oxide)
INR LiNiMnCoO2 (Lithium Iron Phosphate With Nickel/Manganese Oxide)

Primary cells (non-rechargeable)

ER Li-SOCl2 (Lithium Thionyl Chloride)
LS Li-SOCl2 (Lithium Thionyl Chloride)
CR Li-MnO2 (Lithium-Manganese Dioxide)
BR Li-(CF)x (Lithium-Carbon Monofluoride)
FR Li-FeS2 (Lithium-Iron Disulfide) - 1.5 to 1.8V "Energizer Ultimate"

The numbering usually refers to the size of the battery, a 14500 refers to "AA" size of 14mm x 45mm, a 18650 is 18mm x 65mm, and so on. At least with ICR, IMR, INR, and IFR types. So, "AA" size 3.7V primary cells are ER14500 or LS14500.

I'm going to add a breakdown on C rating.
There are a couple of factors to consider when trying to quantify capacity and discharge capacity. The "C" number is the minimum time the battery can be safely discharged completely in, quantified in fractions of one hour. So when they give you the capacity in mAh, they are telling you the 1C for the battery. So a 5Ah battery can be discharged completely if discharged @ 5A for one hour. This way you can multiply the mAh capacity by the C number to calculate the maximum sustainable discharge rate, in amps, with the time you can do it in given.
Let's say we have 2 identical looking packs, same size and weight, same capacity, 5Ah, but we'll make the first one a 20C and the other a 30C. The 20C battery can be discharged in (60/20=3) 3 minutes @ (20x5=100) 100A. The 30C battery can be discharged in (60/30=2) 2 minutes @ (30x5=150) 150A.
So I have a question, with these high output ones, are they basically the same as what's going on with these small but powerful jump starters for cars? What I'm getting at is do you think it's posible to make a small 12-14v pack that could pack enough juice to start something like the bullet train engine? Basically a small atv or pocket bike starter really, something like 20 amps would be sufficient, 30 is not bad but really not needed. Maybe links to some of those imrs that you know are good quality, definitely worth exploring if I can forgo a lead acid format battery, much easier to tuck away into something.

These Samsung batteries are the best I have ever had.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-SAMSUNG-...2-Free-Case-/311430633049?hash=item4882b65659

With these IMR or INR batteries, you really don't need any kind of over discharge protection, you can drain them down all the way without hurting them. You wouldn't want to over charge them, though, this is the only reason I used a pcb with them. These are rated well over 10C, they are rated to make 35A, which will start just about anything.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
These Samsung batteries are the best I have ever had.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-SAMSUNG-...2-Free-Case-/311430633049?hash=item4882b65659

With these IMR or INR batteries, you really don't need any kind of over discharge protection, you can drain them down all the way without hurting them. You wouldn't want to over charge them, though, this is the only reason I used a pcb with them. These are rated well over 10C, they are rated to make 35A, which will start just about anything.
Sexy. Thanks!

Your earlier link is the board for them correct?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yeah, this one is the one I used, 4S:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4S-14-8V-30A-18650-Li-ion-Lithium-Battery-Cell-BMS-PCB-Protection-Board-Balance/302277036785?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

And here is one for 3S:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3S-11-1V-1...013044&hash=item2f0359e3ab:g:VmsAAOSw8b1aMl3m

3S comes to 12.6v, which is plenty for a 12v lighting system. 4S comes to 16.8v, which is kind of high, and you don't really need it. I did mine that way for my own convenience, since I had the parts already.

So I have a question, with these high output ones, are they basically the same as what's going on with these small but powerful jump starters for cars? What I'm getting at is do you think it's posible to make a small 12-14v pack that could pack enough juice to start something like the bullet train engine? Basically a small atv or pocket bike starter really, something like 20 amps would be sufficient, 30 is not bad but really not needed. Maybe links to some of those imrs that you know are good quality, definitely worth exploring if I can forgo a lead acid format battery, much easier to tuck away into something.

You could do that with just 3 of those green Samsung cells that I have, in series. Those will make 35A, each. I am running my 6 watt laser on just 2 IMR 10440 cells (AAA size) in series, which gives me about 2 minutes of total running time. The fact that it runs at all on those is amazing, not to mention that those batteries will discharge completely in just 2 minutes, flat.

No the phaser, but a quick search in the toolbar confirmed you have lol.

The info on the batteries I do recall reading, enough so I glazed over quickly that part rather specifically in your post in fact.. I hadn't actually thought about making my own but only because I wasn't paying all that much attention to those portable jump starters. So is it easy to just brick them up in parallel like that, say if I for some strange reason I want to have a larger capacity, from what I figure grouping them up just doubles my hours of use, by charging a 2p 4 pack I also have to replace batteries at eos half as often. Could get a kick perhaps at jump starting some poor fellow's truck with a BICYCLE!!

Perhaps after dropping my modded palm pre from use as a gps tracker I can re-purpose it into a relay to one of those stun guns, gotta wonder what I could do with a nice hard 30amp dump and a hefty power inverter. Then again my mind also drifts towards those nice electric fence boxes that could make a cat jump about 600 feet through the air, I still remember the last time I grabbed one by mistake, and that was probably about 20 years ago, being that I never once did that again I'd like the idea of a security system that is effective enough to be imprinted in a person's mind for just as long. Might be the last bike they'll ever try to steal for the rest of their lives hahaha.

Cargo space is limited enough however.. really pondering if I should pick up a set of paniers in leather or something like my friend with the fat bike is doing, it's a hard decision since I do like the tough metal box simply because it's more durable with better security and waterproofness, I can lock it if desired to keep tools and more importantly preventing tampering with the electronics by stupid people.

I'm thinking of either finding a place that sells even larger ammo cases that aren't too wide but deeper and perhaps longer, or I can craft something really bizarre from tin, copper, and leather stock.

Oh, come to think of it a laser might be a good security system, how about 2 or 3 spread out a little bit on the bike to hit a person sitting on it or walking next to it, somehow I think a thief would become very alarmed as their clothes were set on fire or started having holes burnt into their bodies. Really it's probably the last thing anyone could expect to happen to them, using electricity to protect things is an idea that's been around a long time, I think being shot in the face with a phaser would be pretty novel, for time being at least.

Back