How in the world is it possible to fit a motorized bike on a 4 inch wide wheel?

Based on this reply alone, maybe I should find another bike to put the engine on? In terms of cost, what’s likely my best route?
This is what I bought and used.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Bicycle-Men-s-26-In-Beach-Cruiser-Bike-Black/299035532

bfb61811-6c28-4323-9ac2-8e0ff717cfe1_1.19a1af507b81bd794153b1c0bb3d3b08.jpeg

And this is what I turned it into.

DSCN0228.JPG

And this URL below is the tutorial as to how I did it, what things cost and where to get the stuff ya need just by following the links provided in the tutorial.

This is what I bought and used.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Bicycle-Men-s-26-In-Beach-Cruiser-Bike-Black/299035532

View attachment 213493

And this is what I turned it into.

View attachment 213494

And this URL below is the tutorial as to how I did it, what things cost and where to get the stuff ya need just by following the links provided in the tutorial.

I also have that frame and my build is turning out quite nicely

I haven’t yet but im starting to think that based on the replies here so far I either should buy less thicker tires, adding clearance, or maybe just finding a bike with regular tires.
What you need is a shift kit. It transfers all the drive elements of the engine to the right side drive system that is already in place. Plus it gives you 5, 6, 7, 8 gears.

What you need is a shift kit. It transfers all the drive elements of the engine to the right side drive system that is already in place. Plus it gives you 5, 6, 7, 8 gears.
@yuckfoo did a Dolomite shifter build. He had to do lots of mods and was plagued with problems.

If one wishes to do a shifter build a Strumey Archer S3X as a jackshaft would be the better option. This could give you a shifter bike as well as solving the chain alignment issues.

@yuckfoo did a Dolomite shifter build. He had to do lots of mods and was plagued with problems.

If one wishes to do a shifter build a Strumey Archer S3X as a jackshaft would be the better option. This could give you a shifter bike as well as solving the chain alignment issues.
And of course you two are automatically assuming that the OP has the skill set to accomplish this, right???

If not, I am sure you will be there every step of the way to help him.

And of course you two are automatically assuming that the OP has the skill set to accomplish this, right???

If not, I am sure you will be there every step of the way to help him.
The only real option I see is a jackshaft. However, if one can install a jackshaft they could also install a SA S3X IGH as a jackshaft transmission. Currently trying to find pictures on how to do this.

1716261758039.png

I have a 4.5 inch tire on a OCC Schwinn frame so I know what you're going thru. There is no other way but to use a jackshaft. If you put a single speed freewheel on that shaft you may be able to run a short chain from the pedals
by way of a idler sprocket. Another option would be to order a complete fat tire front wheel for an electric bike and use the disc brake flange to mount the big final drive sprocket. They were about $120 when I considered doing that.

One side of me says that I shouldn’t do it because it’ll be so difficult I’ll burn my brain as I’m trying and give up, but another says that it’s a cool idea to shift and have that speed when you need it and also have torque the most when you need it.

Back