How long can "China doll" hold at WOT? Also, high altitude (+gear reductions and "too lean?")

Good, 'cause those are the plugs I have (thanks!). I didn't think the discharge was that strong from plugs lol especially a meter away!
It's not the distance it's the grounding.
If you ever decide to ditch the analog retro looks and exchange it for accuracy and no bouncing needle...lol...You could always try the one I am presently using...Just remember to always use a resistor plug with this one since it is ultra sensitive as I found out when I was using the non-resistor NGKs...lol...At one point it told me that I was doing 99 MPH as well as bouncing back and forth with different speeds, second by second...lol...It needs a resistor plug.

I was wondering why you always recommended the resistor plug, a plain old B6HS will work just as well.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I was wondering why you always recommended the resistor plug, a plain old B6HS will work just as well.
As soon as I saw the new speedo spas out, I realized it was possibly the difference between non- resistor vs resistor plug...The second I changed the plug to resistor, the speedo behaved itself...lol.

My old digital speedo never had that problem but some of the newer ones seem to be susceptible to this.

a plain old B6HS will work just as well.
That was the exact plug it spased out on...lol.

It's not the distance it's the grounding.
That makes sense; the plug and frame are electrically one.
No replacement for experience!
As soon as I saw the new speedo spas out, I realized it was possibly the difference between non- resistor vs resistor plug...The second I changed the plug to resistor, the speedo behaved itself...lol.

My old digital speedo never had that problem but some of the newer ones seem to be susceptible to this.
Was the old one also wireless?

Was the old one also wireless?
Yes it was...They probably made the old speedos with somewhat better shielding is about the best I can think of offhand...lol.

The "noise" caused by the different components ignition including plugs can either be an RFI or a radio frequency interference or an EMI or electromagnetic interference.

Both of these "noises" can disrupt electronic communication signals. It will affect the performance of the sound system and the cellular phones. A two-way radio can also be affected, and the engine management electronic systems too. I think wireless electronic speedometer computers would qualify...lol.

I had to take into account that the CDI included in the kit with Yamaha components as well as the heavier magneto might be emitting more of this "noise" versus the normal types sent with most other CGs.

The other motor kits I ran the old speedo on were regular, run of the mill CDIs and magneto's.

Yes it was...They probably made the old speedos with somewhat better shielding is about the best I can think of offhand...lol.

The "noise" caused by the different components ignition including plugs can either be an RFI or a radio frequency interference or an EMI or electromagnetic interference.

Both of these "noises" can disrupt electronic communication signals. It will affect the performance of the sound system and the cellular phones. A two-way radio can also be affected, and the engine management electronic systems too. I think wireless electronic speedometer computers would qualify...lol.

I had to take into account that the CDI included in the kit with Yamaha components as well as the heavier magneto might be emitting more of this "noise" versus the normal types sent with most other CGs.

The other motor kits I ran the old speedo on were regular, run of the mill CDIs and magneto's.
Mine just has two magneto coils but is otherwise "run of the mill".

Ground Interference can be a bit of a b to work around especially when using old audio equipment with a common speaker ground, where every errant wave makes you nash your teeth lol.

if you hold it Wide open ,, about 10 mins ( Go to 23: 00 They do a test on To Bikes whide open )
I've seen that video before. It was obvious from their "test" that these guys have no idea what they're doing or any previous knowledge of motorized bicycles.

No one here with at least an 1/8 of a brain is going to hold down the throttle at standstill and expect it to last long lol.

I've seen that video before. It was obvious from their "test" that these guys have no idea what they're doing or any previous knowledge of motorized bicycles.

No one here with at least an 1/8 of a brain is going to hold down the throttle at standstill and expect it to last long lol.
They don't know what they're doing but they're having fun. I'm sure they know not to hold it wide open.

...was coming home last night WOT ... but only for about 20 seconds or so and then I got a REAL STRANGE vibration... strange enough I thought I broke something... I immediately cut ...pulled in the clutch thinking I blew the engine maybe but ...it went back to idle... I put-put it home the last couple blocks... but it seemed... fine. I test throttled it and it seemed... fine. I figured maybe something was loose but I can't find anything.

It was getting dark out so I didn't get to test much more but I'll go out this morning to give it a run before work. Not sure what it was... but I am OVERLY sensitive about things on this bike ...

Hi, everyone!

I'm new, but I'll officially introduce myself once the sun comes up so I can take pics of my bike. But obviously I have a question, so, to reiterate, how long can an all stock 66cc "80cc China doll" on a 28-inch hold WOT (wide-open throttle). What do you guys feel is safe? It's actually really nice for a China doll; I had got a bad one, and when the seller sent the replacement, it was a significantly nicer shiny one; even the exhaust port was polished! They re-sent the entire kit to boot!

Also, I ride in NM at 5,500'. I'm leaving the carb at stock while I break the engine, but for folks this high up, what's the best jet size for you. What's your experience with NT tuning a mile high? I'd like a baseline to start my 'experimenting' once the engine is fully broken in.

And thank you all for the heaps of knowledge I have already pulled from this site!
Not long ,, its only going to last about 5-10 min at full/open Throttle.

If this is hard to read, its because I'm dislexic ... and i had posted a video of two guys testing how long a bike would run wide open ,, but the Admin took it off cuz he said i cant spell and he is right ,, i cant ,, so thanks again for attacking me for my disability .. thought them days were over in school.

Back