How long can "China doll" hold at WOT? Also, high altitude (+gear reductions and "too lean?")

As a side note, a fun trick you can use to track your hardware is to use a marker or grease pen and put marks on the nuts and head that align after tightening them. This gives you a visual point of reference to track if the nut has moved at all.
I've seen this done on the "Torque Channel" on YouTube. They were testing the accuracy of torque wrenches; the best ones realigned the marks.
Edit: check this one out with a temp sensor and everything: Tach and Temp | Amazon
It said it was "improved engine", NOT a frikkin Chinese miracle breakthrough in Chineseium technology and metalurgy...lol...lol...lol.
Key word is "chineseium"; not using the cheapest aluminum they could find would be a miracle breakthrough lol

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Key word is "chineseium"; not using the cheapest aluminum they could find would be a miracle breakthrough lol
Yeah...lol...I don't see them doing that anytime soon...lol...lol...They are probably using recycled aluminum beer cans and calling that an improvement...lol.

Yeah...lol...I don't see them doing that anytime soon...lol...lol...They are probably using recycled aluminum beer cans and calling that an improvement...lol.
I wouldn't doubt it lol. Here you complain about quality, so they improve it. In China, you complain, and sweat shop workers "disappear".

I'm the one calling it improved though, and only because it has nicer paint and a polished port (and a rounder geartrain cover). I'm sure they are not cast any better or of any better chineseium, just that they are paying more attention to finishing it or whatever. There is also the possibility that I just got an unusually well-made engine (which doesn't explain the nicer paint job or clutch cover).

PS: Chinesium is low quality steel, but we've been using "chineseium" with two "e"s. I'll use that from now on for low-quality aluminum (or "aluminium" for you Brits).

Hey @DAMIEN1307, I changed my plug to the cooler NGK you recommended but look at my Z plug with 65km on it! Is this thing really too lean??? It looks like it is covered in battleship-grey paint! I was expecting a black plug, all things considered. I'm using the Beifong "Flying Boar" carburetor that came with the original kit, no tweaks yet, but the new kit came with an identical Boar. I do have a little oil from the muffler, which I take as a good sign that my exhaust port is being adequately lubricated.

PS. There's the thunder and here comes the monsoon (it is cloudy in the pic)!
IMG_20220722_190209_6.jpg

Is this thing really too lean???
This is Waaaay too lean...time to change the C clip on the needle valve before you burn up your motor at 5200 ft altitude.

Show me a pic of your carby.

Ps...Sorry for delay in reply, I was putting an alarm system on my bike...lol.

This is it, in focus this time lol. it is "BoFeng" not "Beifong". The "flying boar" reference (if you got it) is therefore redacted. Also, I put actual fuel lines.
IMG_20220722_192242_501.jpg
IMG_20220722_192224_382.jpg

Never did I imagine I'd be moving the C-clip towards the tip. Why the hell???!!! I thought it would be especially rich at altitude! Look at that carb and intake manifold; no vac leaks or nothing!

Never did I imagine I'd be moving the C-clip towards the tip. Why the hell???!!! I thought it would be especially rich at altitude! Look at that carb and intake manifold; no vac leaks or nothing!
The higher the altitude, air is thinner so I am amazed as well...lol...What groove is it in right now.

it is "BoFeng" not "Beifong"
I thought as much, thats why I wanted to see it...lol.

Back