how long have you been running your bike

B

bird

im kinda intrested in how long other people have been running there bikes. like how ofter you ride how fast you go and how far you ride.
i ride my bike on avarage 4 days out of the week about 20 miles round trip, and go about 30 to 45 usually. depends on traffic.

ive had my bike about a year and maintain it about every 3 weeks.

i'm about as new at this as anyone here...i've owned my 80cc for about a month, just got my replacement engine, starting over (20mph for another month, bleh)...

i only really have to ride for fun, i'm a retired veteran, but to answer as best i can: i intend to ride everyday that the temp's above freezing, that's why i use full fenders & i just bought a kick-ass full rainsuit. i intend to go as far as i want. i intend to go as fast as i can :devilish:

lets see here now ....I have been riding for over a yr. now and have over 3,000 miles on my bike I have been clocked at 56 but then the pucker power gave out LOL .

I use my bike for all the running around town (grocerys and ect.).
Rode her when Katrina was kicking ass around here and she gave me a new appreciation for what a motor bike can do.

Basic pre flight checks and keeping the crud out of the gas the bikes run good but when they act up they will make you pull your hair out :)

Cookie

cookie how did u get your bike to go so fast. any mods or is it just stock. mine runs about 45 with everything stock and an aluminum frame.

im thinking about putting bobbed finders on my next bike but not to sure yet. i saw your pics augi of your bike on the beach. i was thinking about rideing mine in mexico buy wasnt sure if i could get it started on the shore or if it was allowed.

im rebuilding the motor on the sidehack to get it to run a little smoother then im going to make a custom sproket for it maybe like a 38 or 40 tooth maybe even a 36tooth. i hate the 44tooth it makes the motor run to hard.

My lady is stock I just broke her in slow and as you know with a 2 stroke it will keep going faster and faster until you back off the throttle and on a good road and a long run it will "skit and git" my other half was clocked at 60 ( he had to beat me ) we use to race each other around town and I usually beat him but then he gets reckless and blond so now I do not race him any more .....I have more time on the bike so I know how to take off using the clutch and throttle and he is just now getting the hang of it

From what I can see it is the break in time that is the key to a healthy enging and those pre flight check ups

Cookie

I've been riding these since late 04. Ive gone through three engines on the Stingray, the OCC and Bratz are still on the orignal engines. I ride almost daily from spring to late fall, stopping when the snow and ice hit.
I do at least one big event a year, Moped Madness in 05, Moped Army BBQ in 06, maybe Abita Springs in 07.

ON MY BLUE DAILY DRIVER I HAVE 3729 MILES ON THE SPEEDO ITS A 60 CC AND I RIDE AT 24 TO 27 MPH IN A 5 MILE JUST TO GET INTO TOWN....I PUT A 26 MILE ROUND TRIP GOING TO THE POST OFFICE AND STORE AND THEN HOME

a couple of thousand miles I think now on the Robin 35cc Station friction
seems like 8 months ? where's that memory ?
riding three or four days a week
average riding day -- 30 to 60 miles
it's a sweet machine if not raining
bout ready to buy MB #2

I really like those motor bike things !!

Back