how long have you had your HT engines last?

correct me if im wrong,..please. but don't these cdi's only fire when they get the impulse from the magneto? the magneto is slaved to the shaft and can only fire off an impulse when that crank is in position "x". im very lost on how a cdi can make your engine break. im soooo lost.
If the ignition fires too early the bearings take a beating, the peak combustion pressure will be off the scale, and the chemical energy which should be turned into kinetic energy is instead turned into heat.

Search for "ignition timing curve" and read a few of the threads that come up.. also take a look at "base timing" for tips on a cheap (FREE) mod that you can do while you're saving your pennies for a decent CDI.
This should explain everything you need to know. I cba typing it all out and would probably forget to mention something crucial.

No it doesn't my neighbor had that cylinder with the flying horse emblem and 2018 standard chrome like the 2 piece jugs. Tore the engine down. The only sleezed cylinders are custom made and some aren't even done correctly.

No it doesn't my neighbor had that cylinder with the flying horse emblem and 2018 standard chrome like the 2 piece jugs. Tore the engine down. The only sleezed cylinders are custom made and some aren't even done correctly.

thank you. very helpful.

If the ignition fires too early the bearings take a beating, the peak combustion pressure will be off the scale, and the chemical energy which should be turned into kinetic energy is instead turned into heat.

Search for "ignition timing curve" and read a few of the threads that come up.. also take a look at "base timing" for tips on a cheap (FREE) mod that you can do while you're saving your pennies for a decent CDI.
This should explain everything you need to know. I cba typing it all out and would probably forget to mention something crucial.

is this mainly at "high" rpm's? (like,..over 6-7000?) I never scream mine.

edit---"above mid RPM". bango. well,.. that's good news for me because I baby mine. thanks for the info, dude.

Last edited:
Did you just want a spare top end then? TBH you may be able to upgrade to a big bore stihl cylinder need to mod a few things. https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Nikasi...499376&hash=item2138974834:g:3r4AAOSwSzRZQqUe. I personally stopped using the "china girl" type motors got tired of fixing things. I'll help people with the stuff if I can. I got a used golden eagle bike engines kit and a subaru 4 stroke off someone on here it has an auto clutch. 50k easily out of that engine. Working on beefing things on my bike up like wheels.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back