how long have you had your HT engines last?

my neighbor had 1300 on one but he “thought the bearings were bad” he was trying to grease a sealed bearing under the sprocket by just putting grease in between the sprocket Ik ik. He also thinks you leave the shields on inside the crankcase ones. I let it go at this point, he doesn’t believe anything I say anyways. The motor would have ran still but he deemed that it needed a rebuild. I think he confused the oscillation of the sprocket or crank gear with a bad bearing. He said “the chain gets tight and then loose” That’s a whole nother can of worms. His sprocket was pretty eaten up and thin. A 50cc Subaru would be perfect but they never made one. Only a 25 and 35. I’m excited to run mine. I’m starting to like 4 strokes more at this point. They don’t sound like a whiny dirt bike and they have more of a low sound. You can rebuild a cg for like $20-$35 but if you maintain a 4 stroke you might never have to rebuild it. A stock huasheng can go fast as a stock pk80 in my case 37-38mph. Not bad for a 49cc 4 stroke. As for racing yes you have to have a bigger 4 stroke than a 2 stroke but to put on miles 4 stroke is the best.

Last edited:
For racing there really is no contest at all. A two stroke will always make more power per cc and be lighter than any 4 stroke of near equivalent power. I do like the quietness, and less vibrations and increased reliability of a 4 stroke though. A banshee 350 will stomp the brakes off of raptors and DS quads of twice the displacement. And you won't have to call a tow truck if you get stuck.

ah, and ther it is. if you want to zip and race, then go CG and you can be in cheap but if you want to travel, climb hills, then 4 stroke it lol. I like both but once my cruiser is built, the CG gets a rest

My experience has always been that the GXH/HS is something you can really rely on, but the HT is more powerful and more fun!

That's not to say the HT can't be reliable. It's just that you might find yourself needing to carry more tools with you on trips LOL

Spare engines are dead weight, ironically.

ive had mine for a few months now, put just over 1500 miles on it! its been great! starts up perfect, still has great power. mine is a 1 piece jug (like a chainsaw)
so, how long have you had your engines last? (ie how many hours/miles)
i personally expected it to last a few weeks and then need a new top end, but these things are somewhat reliable, i daily mine in the summer!

you got the one-piece head/jug too? youre the first ive met who has one besides me. it just showed up on an ebay motor in a kit I bought. I have to say I love it. no loose head studs, no leaking head,.. and it seems to me it's smoother than my other, conventional 2 piece motor top end., and,... it seems tome it gets a tinch more low end torque,...which is exactly what I want.

I want to get replacements. where can I go??? I cant even find/locate a picture of one let alone buy one. and no,..the bullet train electric start jug/head is similar,...but NOT the same.

check out my profile picture. thats's the baby. the casting marks have a tiny "flying horse" image on one side and "2018" on the other.
I have to note that the casting quality is top notch. no grainy sand casting marks,.. zero imperfections,.. and the flat surfaces are completely smooth. whoa. definitely a superior casting technique/process. I wonder if it has a sleeve?

I have two half bred cases that I've been using for years now,10 years actualy as they were both purchased in 08,the first of the original cylinders witch had it's last 3 thousand miles doing atempts of 70 and 100 mile straight trips,it just died this season.It died from wearing out the chrome not peeling or flaking issues just pure wore out,I'm still using the second jug but know it's time is comming LOL.Both bottom ends get rebuilt though as one is mounted and in use the other is prepped and ready to go,I do a season with the jug then replace the rings,wrist pin,needle bearings,clips so that on the freshly prepped bottom it's good for atleast the season without worry.So yes years of use and high milage can be had,I do alot of extra work and mods to get the most I can out of it but for my peice of mind I do the above long before it's really needed even on mine.With some of the stocker's we run I have a few that have been running for years and are untouched just run and run with no issues but these are also not running 50+ and were prepped well before use one has over three k on it atm and another is probably around 5k and the only thing done to it since being mounted was change the pipe a few times LOL.What I can tell you all without a dought is that the stock cdi is the main cause of high rpm engine failure's stock or modified,if your staying under 8k rpm it's not as bad but after that it beats the sh*t out of every thing!If it's longevity your after at what ever performance level forget the b/s aftermarket bolt on's and buy a good cdi instead you may not notice a big difference or feel like it's doing anything but trust it is and you'll see when you actualy get to wear out a jug before something broke!

when you say the cdi is the main cause of high rpm engine failures,...do you mean the cdi broke and the engine stopped running? (which makes sense) or that the cdi was the cause of a mechanical failure somewhere inside the engine??? (which doesn't make sense-to me at least) did I read that right?

The only thing I can think of is pre detonation. It is kind of annoying having to attach the separate coil most small engines only have just the magneto coil and not the separate CDI.

correct me if im wrong,..please. but don't these cdi's only fire when they get the impulse from the magneto? the magneto is slaved to the shaft and can only fire off an impulse when that crank is in position "x". im very lost on how a cdi can make your engine break. im soooo lost.

you got the one-piece head/jug too? youre the first ive met who has one besides me. it just showed up on an ebay motor in a kit I bought. I have to say I love it. no loose head studs, no leaking head,.. and it seems to me it's smoother than my other, conventional 2 piece motor top end., and,... it seems tome it gets a tinch more low end torque,...which is exactly what I want.

I want to get replacements. where can I go??? I cant even find/locate a picture of one let alone buy one. and no,..the bullet train electric start jug/head is similar,...but NOT the same.

check out my profile picture. thats's the baby. the casting marks have a tiny "flying horse" image on one side and "2018" on the other.
I have to note that the casting quality is top notch. no grainy sand casting marks,.. zero imperfections,.. and the flat surfaces are completely smooth. whoa. definitely a superior casting technique/process. I wonder if it has a sleeve?
I have the same thing (has a flying horse with 2018 stamped on it,I port matched mine and it runs like a dream!
I think this is a new design and very few are being sold, (I got lucky and this was my first engine ever! 89$ too, was a steal imho)
I dont think replacement parts are going to be readly available yet, we have to wait a few months (or even years) it runs smooth and I had no issues with it (other than a broken clutch arm, but that's not the engines fault)
Anyway, glad to see im not the only one with it!

Attachments

• 20190112_134313.jpg
    20190112_134313.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
I have the same thing (has a flying horse with 2018 stamped on it,I port matched mine and it runs like a dream!
I think this is a new design and very few are being sold, (I got lucky and this was my first engine ever! 89$ too, was a steal imho)
I dont think replacement parts are going to be readly available yet, we have to wait a few months (or even years) it runs smooth and I had no issues with it (other than a broken clutch arm, but that's not the engines fault)
Anyway, glad to see im not the only one with it!

dude,..you're my new best friend.

I did absolutely nothing to mine except blue loctite everything,....and it's the best bike motor ive ever owned (out of 5, trouble-free motors so far) it seems to me the "2018" on the casting is proof that they just haven't been able to spit enough of these out yet to have "spares". yet.

are they sleeved?? that's the 64 dollar question. did you see ANYthing that even remotely looked like a sleeve when you had yours off?

Last edited:
Back