How many miles are on your happy time?

S

Simonator

My current 70cc engine has 1,745 miles on it. I put all those miles on since June 1st. I'm hoping I'll get at least another 2,000 miles out of it. I put 2 pieces of foam in my air filter box for better filteration. I sealed the air filter to the carb with red RTV to prevent any unfiltered air from sneaking in between the cracks. I never ride top speed for very long. I try to cruise at 20-22 MPH most of the time to prolong engine life. My top speed is about 30 MPH with the 44T sprocket. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I run my gas/oil mixture at 20:1

How many miles are on your engine?

Last edited by a moderator:
When I am just cruzin around, i will average around 22-25 mph, but when I am on long straight roads, I will go between 29-32mph (36 tooth sprocket).

I do like to gun it alot, but just for the acceleration.

I never run it wide open more than 30 seconds.

Same here but i probably only have 300 miles or less, but i think the diffrent sprocket would really help i still got the stock big sprocket.

I have 2200 miles on a Dax 70cc motor. It is mounted on a Schwinn Skyliner and has been run with a 32 tooth sprocket since new. I have had not a single problem with this motor since I got it 3 years ago. Top speed is 35 MPH and normal cruising speed is 25-30 MPH. At 2000 miles I figured the motor was broke in well enough so I switched to Amsoil Dominator synthetic oil mixed 40:1. I haven't noticed any difference in performance since switching to the synthetic oil. I used Briggs and Stratton 2 stroke oil mixed 32:1 for the first 2000 miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
220 miles on my Powerking 80cc

87 octane

20:1 mix - Amsoil Interceptor - no problems at all. Starts every time.

Normal speed 20-22mph.

Once in awhile, I will take it to 30mph for a few seconds - It will do that easy, so once I get some real miles on it, I would be curious to see if it will get to 35mph or higher - again for just a few seconds.

44 tooth. -I live on steep hills so I need pedal assist to get up the hills at WOT at 22mph.
May go to a 50 tooth, but I don't want to sacrifice the top speed yet. And w/ the assist, it doesn't really seem to be putting a strain on the engine.

I would be curious to know if anyone else has an 80cc w/ a 50 tooth, and how that works for you?
But please answer the primary question for this thread. I don't want to be accused of thread stealing.:D

Kruis'in Style,

Troy Fitz.

my Dog: - (still under construction)

Attachments

• Troy's bike file_7.jpg
    Troy's bike file_7.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 253
I used a 50T for a couple weeks. It had good low end power, and climbed hills better. Top speed was 23 MPH. I will be installing it again for the winter.

50t sprocket

I used a 50T for a couple weeks. It had good low end power, and climbed hills better. Top speed was 23 MPH. I will be installing it again for the winter.

good to read about the 50 tooth. I just installed a 50 tooth but I have 700c wheels/tires. can't wait til the weekend to begin the running in.

1608 miles on my Dax 70. 34T sprocket, speeds of 18-35MPH. Until a couple weeks ago, I was commuting 180-220 miles a week since March. Averaged roughly 110mpg so far.

I ran 16:1 Valvoline 2-stroke for the first 300 miles, then switched to 25:1 Lucas semi-synth. Runs like a champ, but the bike it's bolted to has a frame crack.

Back