How many miles????

That can occure in twenty min or even less if the temp is to high or it has an air leak causing a lean burn!You can re deck the surface flat but only so many times or until it looks like the pic I posted above!Look closely at the 2nd pic where the studs come thru,There is not enough material left to deck flat again and the warpage is so bad that for the 10 bucks or so the head cost just buy a new one!I will travel for hours without stopping or shutting the engine off but I like to keep my operating temp below 300 f checked between cylinder and head between the transfer and exhaust!Also I currently use an after market round head that provides ample wicking of engine temp and will never warp at those temps!That head now allows me to travel for a couple hours at 50 mph constant non stop and the temp reading was 323 f still more than safe just really hard on other componants.
That can occure in twenty min or even less if the temp is to high or it has an air leak causing a lean burn!You can re deck the surface flat but only so many times or until it looks like the pic I posted above!Look closely at the 2nd pic where the studs come thru,There is not enough material left to deck flat again and the warpage is so bad that for the 10 bucks or so the head cost just buy a new one!I will travel for hours without stopping or shutting the engine off but I like to keep my operating temp below 300 f checked between cylinder and head between the transfer and exhaust!Also I currently use an after market round head that provides ample wicking of engine temp and will never warp at those temps!That head now allows me to travel for a couple hours at 50 mph constant non stop and the temp reading was 323 f still more than safe just really hard on other componants.
Thanks for the info, I think if his happens to the stock cover I will more than likely replace it with an aftermarket Aluminum. I'm gonna have to look into which ones keep the same compression.

Thanks for the info, I think if his happens to the stock cover I will more than likely replace it with an aftermarket Aluminum. I'm gonna have to look into which ones keep the same compression.
The round head I'm currently using is 8cc stock but again it can be decked and squish corrected quite easily MZ Miami has them for 40 bucks!They also now have a copy of the diamond head that I believe is closer if not actualy 6cc witch would be the same as an angled plug stock head they also have a copy of a freds 6cc head and one like gasbikes thick finned head all great as a heat sink and wont warp some of the chamber designs are better then others though thats why I went with the larger volume one it allowed me to tweek it to my needs!

So no one has answered the original question how many miles????
The question was answered it's not really a matter of miles but of operating conditions! I can ride for 100 miles non stop but my setup dosent get hot and doesnt have air leaks and so on!You can cook one of these engines in no time if not able to identify a problem and cotinue to run it!

The question was answered it's not really a matter of miles but of operating conditions! I can ride for 100 miles non stop but my setup dosent get hot and doesnt have air leaks and so on!You can cook one of these engines in no time if not able to identify a problem and cotinue to run it!
I realize continues maintenance is required ,I just want to know if one dose keep up on maintenance how many miles or hours of operation is possible before totel fail

I realize continues maintenance is required ,I just want to know if one dose keep up on maintenance how many miles or hours of operation is possible before totel fail
I am still currently using a couple of engines that have been running for a decade with thousands of miles on them!I have one customer that comes in more to chat than do anything to his bike but every couple seasons he will put new ring,seals and of course gaskets and his engine is from 04 with I'm sure over 10 thou on it and it's still the original cylinder and s**ty bolt on weights for the crank!the thing is he never gives it any throtle max speed he goes is like 10-12 miles an hour lol!

I am still currently using a couple of engines that have been running for a decade with thousands of miles on them!I have one customer that comes in more to chat than do anything to his bike but every couple seasons he will put new ring,seals and of course gaskets and his engine is from 04 with I'm sure over 10 thou on it and it's still the original cylinder and s**ty bolt on weights for the crank!the thing is he never gives it any throtle max speed he goes is like 10-12 miles an hour lol!
Cool thanks for the information

What kind of
What kind of life is to be expected from the clutch pads? I know it probably depends on rider but is there a median?

On a stock or even slightly moded engine the older fibre reinforced pads can last for years!The newer redish orange ones seem to last ok if there is NO slipage at all if they slip then they wear quick!And get soft when heated witch then tends to mush them into the gear!There are now some venders that are selling better materials but you can also make your own!

Back