How many miles?

How many miles have you ridden on your motorized bike before a major engine overhaul?

• 0-300

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • 300-600

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • 600-1000

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • 1000-2000

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • 2000+

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
A

atcspaul

how many miles on your bike before a major overhaul. also those with a lot of miles maybe some ideas on what you may be doing different to have last so long

Last edited by a moderator:

S

sideshowsideswipe

every 500 or so miles I have tightened everything, lubed it up and recently
I had to put new clutch pad buttons in becuase of my riding style (I wasn't pedal starting each time)

A

Alaskavan

I have a Staton-Inc. friction drive with a Mitsu 43cc. 900 miles+. I've worn out a tire and the roller is getting pretty shiny and smooth, but the motor is goin strong.

A

atcspaul

i just broke 300 and love this. my car and truck just sit in the driveway and take the bike everywhere. i want it to last as long as posible. it dies i buy another but would rather this one take me a long way :D

spunout

believe it or not, i have over 6,000 miles on my kingsmotorbikes 70cc. all thats been done is re-adjust the clutch, by tightening the pressure-plate nut. started misfiring and leaking oil 7-8 weeks ago, so it now needs a ring job.

D

davidsis

I like my bike too. I love it when my wife forgets to get groceries. But if I forget something she thinks I am making an excuse to ride the bike.

drimpact

1600 miles and counting (slowly) on my first bike(Kings). 400 and climbing fast on my newest(Dax).

I am diligent about my oil mixtures, Check my engines nuts and studs before every ride. oh yeah I rarely ride anyway but Wide Open Throttle! I also kill my motor with the choke to detect air leaks ASAP.

No rebuilds for me yet. Only the usual exhaust gasket issue, Bent chains replaced, and 1 throttle cable replaced. The 1600 mile motor seems to have lost a MPH or three, but will still keep up with my new bike

A

atcspaul

killling engine with choke? how does that tell you if their is an air leak. thanks in advance i am learning everyday.

azbill

if you choke it(block air), and it still runs, the air is getting there somehow...must be a leak